Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Funny Thing Or Two Happened Today...

.:Reading Stacks Galore...:.

The part I love and hate the most about Philosophy, the endless readings, are upon me once more. I have a 100++ page reading requirement for my History of Philosophy class, albeit I think it's perfectly manageable since it's really just mostly text going over what happened during the Renaissance.

It's the second time I'm going over Heidegger's "Vas ist Metaphysique?", and it's as confuzzling as it was the first time I went over it.

Still, it's a fun journey into the unknown. When you start reading text that goes loopily along as it talks about "thinking about nothing as an object negates it from whence it is originary", then you have quite a head trip to contend with.

I love Philosophy. I'm glad I'm back.

.:Hanging Out:.

Going over my reading requirements while hanging out with newfound friends like Edj and Crissey is pretty fun.

The amusing thing is I ran into this girl who I was seated beside during Mangaholix. Her name escapes me at the moment, but the last place I expected to find her was in Ateneo, truth be told.

In any case, it turns out Edj is a bit... squeamish about yaoi, so when one of her gay friends showed them a video of two guys making out, she promptly cringed.

Mindbender was a hit with them, by the way. I should really use that effect more often. It's perfect for walkaround.

No comments: