Thursday, August 07, 2008

Name That Tune Meme!

.:Since I Don't Know What To Write About Today...:.

I had an interesting day today, mainly because of something I did in the evening, but I think I'll save writing about it some other time. I don't need the emoness to tain the experience...

.:The Name That Tune Meme!:.

Taken from May Martinez...

Pick out your 20-25 favorite songs.

Pick out a line from each (try not to use the chorus or title of the song). List them and see if people on your friends list can guess them. Once one is guessed correctly, strike it out.


To the people answering: NO GOOGLING FOR THE LYRICS!

1. "My heart starts breaking, when I think of making a plan to let you go..." Rick Astley - It Would Take A Strong, Strong Man (Guessed by Gurlalein)

2. "Well, I gotta go, I'm almost at the bridge now... oh s***, I forgot, how'm I suposed to send this tape out?!?" Eminem - Stan (Guessed by Bulitas)

3. "And I won't miss the way that you kiss me, we were never carved in stone. If I don't listen to the talk of the town, then maybe I can fool myself..."
Go West - King Of Wishful Thinking (Guessed by Fitz)

4. "You showed me how tomorrow and today, my love is different from the yesterday I knew..." Apo Hiking Society - When I Met You (Guessed by Bulitas)

5. "All day, I'm talking to myself in public, dodging glances on the train..." Matchbox Twenty - Unwell (Guessed by Bulitas)

6. "Alam mo bang, kanina pa akong magdamag nang nakatingin sa iyo? At di mo lang alam, sa gitna ng kadiliman, di mapakali, ako'y nabighani..." Sugarfree - Mariposa (Guessed by Mighty Dacs)

7. "You think by now I've learned, play with fire and you get burned..." Teri Desario - Fallin' (Guessed by Bulitas)

8. "'Di mo alam ako'y nasasaktan, sa 'di pagpansin sa aking pagmamahal. Lumapit ka't ako'y naghihintay..." Gary Valenciano - Gaya Ng Dati (Guessed by Xee)

9. "The rain on my face, it covers the trace, of all these tears I had to waste..." Rick Astley - Cry For Help (Guessed by Mighty Dacs)

10. "But then you went and changed the words, and now my heart is empty..."

11. "Some of us hover when we weep for the other who was dying since the day they were born..." Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories - Stay (Guessed by Toni)

12. "Oh and it's okay if you go away. Just remember the telephone works both ways..." Jason Mraz - You And I Both (Guessed by Bulitas)

13. "I tried to find you but you were so far away. I was praying that fate would bring you back to me..." Wilson Phillips - You're In Love (Guessed by Mighty Dacs)

14. "I have to say, though alone in this crazy sea of faces, it’s still your face I wanna know..."

15. "It's been two years since she passed on, but somehow the pain still lingers on,
and no other day can magnify it like this day..."

16. "Hindi ba natin kayang dayain,ang mga yakap sa tuwing lumalambing..." 6 Cycle Mind - Biglaan (Guessed by Bulitas)

17. "I wanted you to stay, the tears begin to show. You said you cared for me, but then you had to go..." Second Wind - Pain In My Heart (Guessed by Mighty Dacs)

18. "So I ask myself what you have left behind for me, to go on each day to live as if I have you once again..." Basil Valdez - Let The Pain Remain (Guessed by Xee)

19. "Loved me fearless when you needed to. You would not rest till you came through. So god bless and thank you..."

20. "Some people will work things out, and some just don’t know how to change..." Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry (Guessed by Mighty Dacs)

21. "How could you make then break my heart? If I can’t say, “I miss you”, let me say one last thing..."

22. "You were my world, you meant everything to me. You're the air I breathe, the song I sing. You were my queen, I was your king..."

23. "Oh, another social casualty. Score one more for me..." John Mayer - My Stupid Mouth (Guessed by Bulitas)

24. "I need inspiration, not just another negotiation..." Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore - Way Back Into Love (Guessed by Xee)

25. "Cause we can never be more than friends, and it hurts me everytime I close my eyes, all I see is you..." Kim Chiu - Crazy Love (Guessed by KCness)

8 comments:

bulitas said...

2. stan, eminem
4. when i met you, apo hiking society
5. unwell, matchbox20
7. fallin ba to?
12. you and i both! jason mraz
16. biglaan,6cyclemind
23. my stupid mouth, john mayer

whew.
hafta refresh my memory bank

Anonymous said...

Number 3 is King of Wishful Thinking by Go West

One of my all-time favorite songs as well. :D

I'll just answer one so others may join eventhough I'm soooo tempted to answer number 1 which is really soooo obvious. lolz.

Anonymous said...

3. King of Wishful Thinking - Go West
8. Gaya ng Dati - Gary V.
18. Let the Pain Remain - Basil Valdez / Rachel Alejandro
24. Way Back into Love - Alex Fletcher & Sophie Fisher (kakapanuod ko lang nito haha)

Oomph!

Anonymous said...

11. Stay

:D

gUrLaLiEn said...

1. it would take a strong strong man by rick astley
8. tulad ng dati by gary v.
11. stay by lisa loeb
13. you're in love by wilson philips

haha... super hirap... :D

CaseyCakes said...

25. Crazy Love by Kim Chiu.. :P

- d a c s - said...

1. It Would Take A Strong Strong Man, Rick Astley!!! :)

6. Mariposa, Sugarfree

9. Cry for Help, Rick Astley!!! :D

13. You're In Love, Wilson Philips

17. Pain in My Heart, Second Wind/Zoo

20. Water Runs Dry, Boyz II Men

Haha, nice taste in music ;)

Unknown said...

10. "But then you went and changed the words, and now my heart is empty..."

High School Musical.

HAHAAH

When There Was Me and You... Vannessa Hudgens