Sunday, December 28, 2008

You're Not Getting Away With This.

.:Let Us Prove That Justice Exists In This World...:.

I don't even know where to begin, but it is my civic duty to spread the news of this gross injustice to two human beings who did not deserve this kind of treatment. Hades, nobody does.

Last December 26, just a day after Christmas, Blogger Bambee dela Paz was with her family playing golf at the Valley Golf and country club when this travesty ocurred. A silly misunderstanding allegedly escalated into a violent but one-sided confrontation as Bambee ended up seeing her own 56-year old father and 14-year old brother beaten up by a group of people who turned out to be a group led by Lanao del Sur Mayor Nasser Pangandaman Jr. At the same time, his father, the secretary of the Department of Agrarian Reform and all-around muckup as far as the Sumilao Farmers are concerned, Nasser Pangandaman Sr., merely looked on as the violent mauling ensued, and even shouted invectives against the other group as they were being manhandled and beaten up.

I don't think I have to explain how lopsided a fight would be if it involved two full-grown adults and five armed and capable bodyguards against a 56-year old man and a 14-year old boy. I don't even think the latter side would want to get into a fight with odds like that, let alone instigate one, as reports indicate Mayor Pangandaman insists to be the case as he files a countersuit.

I can't believe the gall of these people. I don't care if you're powerful, or influential, and I don't care how much clout you have. When you commit something this atrocious, you deserve more than just a slap in the wrist for it.

It's high time we stopped allowing people like these from getting away with their shenanigans, acting as if they are above the law. I have nothing but vile words to spare for them, and I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. They stopped being human in my book the minute they started taking out their frustrations over some stupid game of golf by mauling an elderly man and a kid. That way, I don't have to feel ashamed for humanity.

Jabronis, you only get what you give. I really hope justice is served and these people learn that their being public figures is not an excuse to act like assholes. It's actually a reason to act like decent human beings worthy of the position and responsibility that comes with it.

I'd curse you to Hades right now, but I think you're beyond cursing. Your seared consciences will be your downfall. Remember this day, and remember how you battered a 56-year old man and a 14-year old kid over some fucking golf game, pulled guns on them (In a golf club where it should be obvious that NO FIREARMS OUGHT TO BE ALLOWED.), then claim that these same two people instigated a fight, and you were so threatened that you had to beat them up so badly and send at least one of them to the hospital.

If you can still sleep well at night, I sincerely don't know what's wrong with you.

5 comments:

Martin said...

just saw this now. this has to spread. martin cruz here, btw marcelle.

Kel Fabie said...

This can't be tolerated. This really can't.

Anonymous said...

This Pangandaman guy should be ashamed of himself... Mayor? He only gives a bad name for his city. For sure people from his city are ashamed of him....

Unknown said...

I have spoken my own thoughts about this issue in my own blog, but I will post a few choice selections here.

I believe that fighting broke out at the Valley Golf Club among the Pangandaman group and the Dela Paz group. I also believe that weapons were brought into the fray, and that blood was spilled. But I do not believe that we are hearing the whole truth about this incident.

Because of the backlash that was generated by the Bambee dela Paz blog, the Pangandamans are hard put to defend themselves against a tidal wave of animosity and disgust from all sides. But the pieces of the puzzle are not yet complete, and we must realize that there are always two sides to every story. We are quick to complain and condemn, even before seeing the whole picture.

Oftentimes, we find it easier to believe the words of a pretty lass rather than the protestations of adult men. In this particular case, we must choose between believing the accusations of a girl student athlete or the denials of a politician and a government official. Who do you think will be more believable?

In an effort to present a more accurate view (perhaps) of what really transpired during that fateful day at the Valley Golf Club, I have created a page in my blog which aims to share some information I have gathered from a separate website. I ask you to read the transcript carefully, and then to make your own conclusions regarding this issue.

Kel Fabie said...

I know what you mean, Mawe. Hence, my latest post here: http://mistervader.blogspot.com/2009/01/turn-of-events.html.