Sunday, March 01, 2009

An Ode To Scans Daily...

Any few comics I may have bought over the past few years have been bought because of Scans Daily in Livejournal, the one community I'm actively a part of.

Now, with it gone, I guess comic companies will not be getting any more money from me. Not out of protest, mind you, but because not enough people will recommend a good comic to me, and let's face it, I'm not chucking $4.00 or so on a blind guess that something could be good or not.

This was *not* a hotbed for piracy. Was it illegal? Yeah, I'll concede that much. But how does it figure in the big picture? Maybe the people who wanted it shut down didn't think it over too well in that regard...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah... reading "previews" is very helpful so that we'll make sure our money is well spent...

too bad Scans daily is gone already...

the earning student