Monday, November 22, 2010

Project 365 (325365): Realignment, And Wayne Houchin's Thread

.:325/365: Realignment, And Wayne Houchin’s Thread:.



So apparently, I double-counted Mr. Hydrick and the subsequent entry, resulting in my numbers being off by one. I hope that doesn’t happen again, though, although I’m still not 100% sure if my numbering is correct at this point. Nonetheless, I’ll take my chances.

One of the freakiest routines I’ve ever seen, Thread by Wayne Houchin involves the pulling of an ingested thread from your very eyes. It’s ghastly, it’s striking, but most of all, it’s effective and legitimate.

Truth be told, I’m very impressed by this routine even if it’s rather simple in theory. Houchin’s approach to the effect really sells the whole thing, and I’m amazed at his nerve to do something this dangerous, because hey, a thread from your eye is still a thread from your eye.

No comments: