Saturday, September 23, 2006

Backblogging, Completed...

.:Backblogging: Sunday, 17 September, 2006:.

It was a quadruple party at Dampa for all the September celebrants. The fun part was that when I got there with Elbert.

You see, my uncle likes to joke that Elbert is gay. He was telling me that El is probably gay because of this and that. In his defense, I told my uncle that he had five boyfr... errr... girlfriends. Unfortunately for me, that gaff cemented my uncle's smugness that Elbert was indeed gay. Whoops!

That being said, I introduced El to everyone in the area, and it was particularly amusing because when I got to introduce him to my grandmother, she knowingly nods, and says, “Ahh. Edward.”

Never fails to amuse me... heh.

So while I was plugging my TV appearance on Sunday, the killer was the fact that when they found out it was at 11 PM, my mom promptly told everyone to instead watch her TV appearance on Channel 2. Talk about competition. Ha.

After the party, we just went back and had haircuts, although I had a hot oil treatment on top of my haircut. All in all, a fairly quiet, non-happening, but still amusing day.

.:Backblogging: Monday, 18 September, 2006:.

I was supposed to be taking the day off, but instead, I went ahead and observed the new jock, Mickie, as she had to do her boardwork alone since George was absent. It went pretty well, to be honest. Robi was even there, which made the whole thing all the better. Robi hasn't been around for two months or so already, so it was definitely a good thing to have him back in the station. He looked happy to be back, too.

I then got my hands on Def Jam for the PSP when I dropped by Megamall. That was a relief to me, at least. It made my life easier, for one.

Afterwards, I completely blanked on what I was up to. To be honest, I don't know if I just spent most of the day at the condo or I just took a nap, then. I took an emergency leave just so I could use up my leaves from work before the year ended...

.:Backblogging: Tuesday, 19 September, 2006:.

It was the season-ender party for Rated Oh's television show, and I was invited. I went there along with April, Estelle, Dominique, and his sister, Debbie. It was loads of fun, although David kinda stood up Sam despite having won the date.

Well, Sam didn't seem to care. While the gathering was small (To the point where she ended up introducing all the guests to each other.), it was still fun. There was a band, and there was a group of magicians who just floored everyone in attendance. Hades, I still have the card that I signed and the magician spat out while he was “searching” for my card in the deck. It was amazing, and I just know I can pull something like it off... heh.

There were a lot of other tricks there, but I guess you just had to be there to see it. It was just a bit unfortunate that I discovered something over the course of the party that really took the wind out of my sails, and I ended up having to drown my sorrows in front of a gigantic sundae at Iceberg's... sigh.

I'll let the pictures tell the story, I guess. It was really fun to have met Dom after all this time, as well as having met his sister for the first time. Turns out she's a movie writer. Way cool.

No comments: