Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Here We Go...

Wow. Eight or so pages of single-spaced MS-Word goodness. I cleared out a lot of backblogging, for sure...

.:Today's LSS:.

This is going to be a Lyrically Speaking Scribble soon. I just know it. Given how horrendous this month has been to me so far, and given how it's likely that this will be my worst birthday ever, I guess it's safe to say...

Wake Me Up When September Ends
by Green Day

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when september ends

Like my fathers come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast
Wake me up when september ends

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when september ends

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when september ends

Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began
Wake me up when september ends

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when september ends

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when september ends

like my father's come to pass
Twenty years has gone so fast
Wake me up when september ends
Wake me up when september ends
Wake me up when september ends


.:Crikey! He's Gone!:.

Looks like the Crocodile Hunter passed away in a freak accident. Love him or hate him, the man was a colorful character who got people talking. I will personally miss him.

.:Two Years Hence, And I'm Still Involved In Debate...:.

I haven't been into debating ever since I graduated, but thanks to Estelle, I revisited my fondness for it, as I was an adjudicator for the NASH debate championships in one round. It was definitely awesome to run into guys like Kip and Glenn and even a cute Korean debater who, amusingly enough, whimpered when she didn't get to give her point of information.

In any case, while I did feel quite rusty during that round as I actually gave the decision to the wrong side, I still enjoyed the debate for the most part. I guess, after all has been said and done, debating is still part and parcel of my life.

I realize that in Philosophy I have found a means of transcending debate, and yet there is no way for me to ignore the foundations that have been laid out for me by the latter. Oh, well. Maybe in the future, I can find that seven-minute rush come all over me again, that rush that I haven't felt in the last two years.

Well, it was an interesting motion, mainly as it was about the nursing students and whether or not they should retake the board exam. I'd love to be able to adjudicate in debates in the future, although there's still nothing like being the king of the pop culture and pro wrestling references...

After the debate, we had dinner at Yellow Cab, and it was really funny how Glenn completely turned anti-social and just went ahead and borrowed my PSP once I changed the game to NBA Live 06. There were a lot of amusing stories about Mahar and then some, so I couldn't just really eat and run. I left after a while, though, since I had a prior commitment I had to go to.

.:Surprise!:

Before I went to the Magic tournament, I went to my place with Elbert so I could get dressed and go with him to St. Scholastica to surprise Estelle (Thereby returning the favor to 'Elle for her surprise visit to El the previous night.). He bonded quite well with Gabby, the four-year old daughter of the landlord at my place, who was playing with him. Elbert seems to be well-loved by kids, arguably because of how he looks like Chicken Little.

Anyways, we then took a cab to get to St. Scho, and then Robin, one of 'Elle's friends, walked up to me to borrow my PSP when we found where the NASH headquarters were. ND met up with me and El, and then we conspired to surprise Estelle by having me intercept her and talk to her while Elbert then promptly surprises her... it worked out really well, to say the least.

Sometime later, Elbert ended up singing for NASH. I have no idea why, but I heard he did... heh.

.:The Tournament...:.

It was worth a first round loss due to lateness to see how happy Estelle was to have seen Elbert and myself drop in unexpectedly.

I didn't top eight in the tournament, but I still did pretty well with Doomsday despite not having my head on straight since I was so underslept. Lauren was the only one I informed of the reason why, and next thing I knew, everyone was asking me about it, and when I said it was just all talk, I was greeted by a chorus of “bullshit!”

Oh, well. It was still enjoyable, nonetheless.

Next thing I knew though, I received a call from April. I haven't really talked to her since two days before I made my public apology, so it was definitely a surprise to me...

.:Food Trip:.

After talking and exchanging stories for a bit, April looked at me and said with a twinkle in her eyes…

“Are you hungry?”

Well, what did you expect her to say? It was in the evening, and neither of us had dinner.

She then asked if I liked Chinese, and then I realized she meant food. Either way, I’d have said “yes”. Heh. In any case, we ended up going to Luk Yuen.

So I ordered Beef Wanton soup, and she had dimsum. We then shared some shrimp dumplings, and I think she discovered for herself just how awesome Luk Yuen’s green mango shake was. It was, by my estimate, the highlight menu item of the night.

What I found particularly freaky was that April and I had extremely similar tastes in food. We went 5-for-5 on Italian food, Chinese food, not liking Dinuguan, not liking Bittermelon on its own, and sweets.

This moment of hanging out with April has proven to be a revelation for me. I guess I’ve been getting to know her in a way neither of us thought possible, and it’s all for the better.

I look forward to more food trips with her, maybe even to Wai Ying in the future… Chinese food is such a bittersweet treat…

.:Rainy Days And Mondays:.

I mostly spent my day (Which started at noon, since I woke up by then.) crafting this blog entry and a lot of other backblogging entries, as well as refining the first couple chapters of my Battle Royale fanfic, which I am finally releasing for friends-only consumption for the first time since I started on it. I still have yet to complete Elbert’s writing mission for me, but I will start it on a regular basis by next week, I guess. My bad. There’s just been so many things going on in the past few days…

I was supposed to go to my uncle’s office in Eastwood around six, but the rain was so hard that I had no choice but to back out. In the meantime, Estelle and I agreed to meet up, and she had herself dropped off at Cityland, and we headed off for dinner at Wham in Shang, where I gorged on a double Whammy with cheese, blue cheese, and mushroom gravy. There, I shared to her what went on last Sunday, how I somehow wish I just stuck around at NASH instead of joined the Magic tourney, and my thoughts about where I am going so far.

I was telling her how mean I felt I was, and how I seem to have hit an all-time low, but we dropped that tangent a bit when I showed her the Triumph video at the Michael Jackson trial.

Anways, later on, I told Estelle that what got to me about *her* (Obviously not referring to ‘Elle here…) was how *she* would willingly let life pass *her* by and just follow whatever *her* parents said. I told Estelle that if *she* ever ended up fighting for someone, even if it weren’t me, I’d feel hurt, but in the end, I’d be happy for *her*, because she’d finally discover what true love precisely entails. Then, ‘Elle promptly asked me a question that set me off…

Estelle: But do you really mean that? If *she* let’s say, dated someone Filipino and fought for him, how would you feel?

She was hesitant to ask this question, but I prodded her to finish what she started. I replied…

Marcelle: I would be hurt, in the short term. But in the long term, I’d be happy for *her*. When you love someone, you look out for their happiness first, not your own.

Estelle: I know you said you were really mean and all that, Marcelle, but with what you just said, I don't think that's true at all.

At that point, the pain just rushed in. So much for getting *her* out of my system. I guess that’s going to take much more time than I thought, and what gets to me is that it’s nowhere near the same for *her*. By now, I’m sure I’m the least of *her* worries, much less someone who’d ever dominate *her* thoughts. I don’t think I ever really did, either.

Well, phooey to all that. If there’s one thing all this taught me, it’s that I have the most wonderful friends I can ever ask for. I don’t see myself as having radically changed, or having allowed all these post break-up reactions get the best of me. Instead, here I am, still for the most part, being the same old styling, profiling, wheeling, dealing, kiss-stealing son of a gun that I always have been. Whooooo!

That being said, thanks for the company again, Estelle! Can’t believe we’d have known each other only for a mere 28 days come Saturday. It’s like we’ve known each other for years already, to be honest, and that’s a great thing. =)

Take care, Bessy!

No comments: