1) PLACE YOU HUNG OUT THE MOST IN THIS YEAR:
2) FAVORITE NEW PLACE YOU DISCOVERED:
Chinatown. Not really new, but I found a shop that sells seedless Kiamoy for so cheap...
3) PLACES YOU WENT ON DATES:
Greenbelt, Shangrila, Megamall, Glorietta, Gateway. I especially am not fond of the first and the last one...
4) FAVORITE VACATION SPOT FOR THE YEAR:
5) PLACES YOU MADE OUT IN (OR MORE) THIS YEAR:
Lots of places. I don't particularly want to specify...
1) PERSON/S WHO TAUGHT YOU ALOT THIS YEAR:
Elbert and Estelle. You learn something new everyday. Mr. Bing, in his magic shop.
2) AN OLD FRIEND YOU REDISCOVERED THIS YEAR:
Johan and April, I guess.
3) PERSON/S WHO TOLD YOU THE NICEST THING ABOUT YOURSELF:
Estelle, who spent 23 letters detailing what she appreciated about me.
4) PERSON WHO DID SOMETHING REALLY GREAT FOR YOU (AND WHAT):
Estelle, for the 23 letters I got for my birthday...
5) PERSON YOU SPENT THE MOST TIME WITH THIS YEAR:
Elbert and Estelle, for obvious reasons.
6) PERSON YOU DID SOMETHING REALLY GREAT FOR (AND WHAT):
Elbert. I relearned magic and did a magic show for him...
7) SOMEONE YOU WISHED YOU TALKED TO THIS YEAR:
Most of my friends whom I haven't seen except once or twice this year, like Jaded or Christelle. I don't feel too bad about not talking to Willow or Addy Dy anymore.
8) SOMEONE WHOM YOU STARTED A GREAT NEW FRIENDSHIP WITH:
Rowena. And Jay Mata. And Mr. Bing.
9) OLD ENEMY/S YOU MADE PEACE WITH THIS YEAR:
10) SOMEONE YOU LOST THIS YEAR:
11) PERSON/S YOU KISSED THIS YEAR:
The ex, the non-fling, the no-strings, and my Beloved.
12) PERSON WHO MADE YOU LAUGH THE MOST:
13) PERSON WHO MADE YOU CRY:
14) PERSON/S WHO YOU DISLIKE WHEN THE YEAR BEGAN BUT ENDED UP BECOMING GOOD FRIENDS WITH:
15) PERSON YOU HAD A CRUSH ON THE ENTIRE YEAR:
The Beloved, I guess...
16) SOMEONE YOU WISHED YOU APOLOGIZED TO:
Nope. I've apologized to all those whom I needed to apologize to...
17) PEOPLE YOU WENT OUT ON DATES WITH:
Rachel, Gyn, Rowena, Moon, April. Most of these were “dates”, though. They shouldn't really count. Haha.
18) FRIENDS YOU WENT OUT WITH ALOT:
Elbert, Estelle, April, Johan, Clair, Hrbs, Krisette.
19) COOLEST PERSON YOU MET THIS YEAR:
Umm... Mick Foley and Estelle.
1) CLOTHING ITEM YOU WORE MOST THIS YEAR:
2) NICEST PRESENT/S YOU GOT THIS YEAR:
Well, as Jackson 5 put it, “give love on Christmas day”...
3) FAVORITE SONG FOR THE YEAR:
“Choose”, by Mojofly. “Irreplaceable”, by Beyonce? “So Sick”, by Ne-Yo? I had a lot of old/remade songs that I especially liked this year though, thanks to lots of videoke. “Di Ako Bakla”, by Michael V. Haha.
4) COOLEST EVENT/S FOR THE YEAR:
I hosted the WWE Smackdown Press Conference.
5) NEW HOBBY YOU PICKED UP THIS YEAR:
I became a magician.
6) BEST BOOK/S OF THE YEAR:
7) BEST MOVIE/S:
The Prestige, The Departed.
8) MOST SHOCKING NEWS HEADLINE OF THE YEAR:
Kurt Angle went to TNA.
9) FAVORITE FOOD FOR THE YEAR:
Sbarro's, I guess. If not, then Pao Tsin. Haha. Whatta cheapskate.
10) FAVORITE NEW ARTIST THAT CAME OUT THIS YEAR:
Ne-Yo, most likely.
1) WISEST THING YOU DID THIS YEAR:
Opened my eyes.
2) STUPIDEST THING YOU DID THIS YEAR:
Let someone trample on my heart for too long.
3) BIGGEST CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE THIS YEAR:
The new magic career.
4) BIGGEST CHALLENGE OF THE YEAR:
Finding gigs and breaking even.
5) SOMETHING YOU LEARNED THE HARD WAY:
That being in love and loving someone isn't the same thing.
6) GREATEST LESSON YOU LEARNED ABOUT:
Love and heartbreak.
7) BEST JOKE YOU'VE HEARD ALL YEAR:
That Elbert and Peppy are straight.
8) BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE YEAR:
When people who claim they'd be there forever turn their backs on you and act like cowards.
9) BIGGEST BLESSING OF THE YEAR:
I found a sideline that paid even more than my main job.
10) BIGGEST THING YOU DISCOVERED ABOUT THE WORLD:
That it owes me nothing.
11) BIGGEST THING YOU DISCOVERED ABOUT PEOPLE IN GENERAL:
That they can depress you one moment and then make you unbelievably happy the next.
1) GOALS/DREAMS FOR THE NEW YEAR:
Get out of the graveyard and really move on up in the magician circles.
2) PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT YEAR:
I will give my all in whatever it is I want to do. A politician will switch allegiance to and from GMA. Bush will say something stupid. Undertaker won't lose at Wrestlemania.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Get “laid”. Hahahahahaha. R-ight.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions.
This year though, I resolve to do more street magic as often as I can.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 28, December 25, and subsequently, 28.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a professional magician.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Obviously, the ex.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Quite a bit, mostly due to lack of sleep.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My magic collection.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Rowena. She's learning to meet people halfway after years of it being her way or the highway.
13. Whose behaviour appalled you and made you depressed?
I won't mention the name, but it's obvious that the sudden turnaround for someone who claimed to care really depressed me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being told that she likes me, after months of not feeling that way... It was a nice way to end the year.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
“So Sick”, by Ne-Yo. “Unwell”, by Matchbox Twenty. Lots of songs, really. Curse of a DJ...
Oh, and “Di Ako Bakla”, by Michael V.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? It balanced out.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Refusing to back down when I should. Whether from arguments, or from trouble, or whatever else.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with the family, but exchanged text messages with my Beloved.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Ummm... RAW and Smackdown. Pinoy Dream Academy.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
None. Hate is too strong a word. Disappointed, yes.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Prestige. Harry Potter, if it was this year, was meh.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Michael V., John Legend, APO Hiking Society (More like rediscovery with this one.)
28. What did you want and get?
Friends like Elbert and Estelle.
29. What did you want and not get?
A new main career.
30. Favorite film of this year?
The Prestige, The Departed.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I just hung out with friends. It was stormy then, so I also climbed up 26 floors to get to my condo after the whole thing...
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Closure. At this point, I don't think I'd wish to have still been with the ex. Not when I see how it could be so much better... not when in so many ways, it already is.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Same as always.
34. What kept you sane?
Elbert and Estelle.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Patty Laurel. Lol.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Magic is not a matter of fooling people, but of entertaining them. That, and experience is the best teacher.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Tinawag mo 'kong bakla (Huh!)
Hoy bruha kang talaga
At ang kapal ng mukha
'Di ako, 'di ako bakla!
Hitsura pa lang, 'di mo ba halata?
Kung di ka tumigil sa pagsasalita
Sasabunutan kita, hindi ako bakla!!!