Monday, January 22, 2007

Wheeee!!!

.:Can I Just Say That...:.

... I am absoluely loving the television show, "Sana Maulit Muli"? I find the story very gripping and interesting.

I wanna watch more. Haha.

.:Marathon:.

And so I was booked to do walk-around for six straight hours in Mapua, and I must admit, it was really something I was pretty excited about.

I got there around twenty minutes before noon, and Carlo, my contact for the day, was fairly accommodating despite looking obviously harassed from the frenetic pace of their foundation day activities. Nonetheless, I got there and prepared myself for a pretty long day, and I had to make sure that I was going to be adroit all the way.

Lemme digress a bit. Hmmm.... “adroit”. I think that's my new pet word... hehehe.

Anyways, after prepping myself, loading up on a few forks, and determining what my basic routine would be, Carlo followed me around with video camera in hand for my first two stops, and when I started off, the audience would only be the booth I was performing for. So at least, fairly manageable audience, right? Well, at least, that's how it started off...

After my third or fourth walk-around, people were catching on that there was a street magician around, and they'd ask me to go and perform at their booth, some of them would joke around with me, but most startling of all, they'd practically swarm me, and it was an adrenaline rush to be performing for at least two hundred people, forming five circles around me, making me completely surrounded and rendering all my angle-sensitive effects moot. Or does it? The audience practically misdirect themselves! Haha. :P

Imagine the feeling of performing for three people in one minute, for twenty the next, for fifty the next, and for two hundred or so people within four minutes. Anything you do, all eyes are on you. Every single move, every single actuation, it's all visible. People cheer wildly, girls scream, hecklers pass by to warn people to keep an eye on their wallets, but it's all good. The adrenaline just drives me to perform, to the point that even after my finale of Liquid Metal,they simply refuse to let me go back and recuperate at my post, and wouldn't mind seeing my openers again, since most of the audience weren't there when I started.

When I was at the organizer's HQ, the organizers asked me to do a bit of magic for them as well. More or less, I did a bit of mind-reading, and bent even more forks, and then showed them a demo of card handling, not that I was particularly amazing at it. Anyways, at one point, one of the organizers showed her friend what I accomplished with a fork. I overheard him from a distance saying he doesn't believe in magic and thinks that he can do whatever I can do with the forks, and then he approached me.

That was my cue to floor him with Liquid Metal. He sheepishly grinned and said “Pare, nawala pagkalalake ko sa'yo”, the moment I asked him to take out the corkscrew bend from the fork. I don't care how much he works out, I was pretty sure that he wasn't going to be able to unbend that corkscrew... hehe.

My last run was at a booth where there were lots of girls. I had my biggest audience for the day, and the biggest reactions of all because I did all the routines that mattered. The forks were bent, the minds were read, and at the end of the day, there were so many of them who were asking me for my phone number. Heh. Some of them are still texting me every now and then, and it's been very encouraging to know I did a good job.

All in a day's work.

.:Action-Packed Saturday:.

Joined my first ever Type II Magic Tournament, and I didn't do too well in Limited, sadly. I went only 1-3, but regardless, I did pretty well since I had a fairly good intuition as to what cards should ideally go into a deck, although I guess I could've done better.

Afterwards, I met up with Elbert and Estelle to watch Night At The Museum, then passed by Coffee Bean to drop off Elbert, where Vin asked me to do a bit of magic for Sage, who positively loved Liquid Metal... hehehe.

I capped off my day by hanging out with the Story Circle a bit, which was really cool.

No comments: