Monday, May 12, 2008

A Grab Bag...

This is going to be quite a mishmash of posts, truth be told, as I'm going to be writing about random stuff that has happened to me over the weekend.

.:Go, Speed, Go!:.

My eyes hurt, but watching Speed Racer with Marco, Jonas, Elbert, and Mary was a really fun experience, despite the serviceable story that was obviously marketed to kids. There was just something so fascinating about being drowned in pastiche that appeals to the senses, and Speed Racer was a fun, tongue-in-cheek romp in living color. It was so hard to tell what was going on in the screen sometimes, truth be told. The action was just frenetic, and it gave very little opportunities for anyone to catch their breath before the action just picked up again shortly thereafter.

Still, I liked the movie, and it was great hanging out with these people. It's been especially good, and the last time out, while hanging around El and Mary and at the time, Arvin, I even managed to make good (Somewhat.) on my first attempt at hypnosis...

I really am not making much sense lately, sadly. I've been trying to blog cohesively, but there's just something about the stuff I've been going through lately, particularly the whole unemployment bit as well as certain matters of the heart which shall remain undisclosed as always...

.:The Bitch Enters...:.

While hanging out with El and company after watching "Speed Racer", it turns out that the evil ex-stepsister was in the same area, as she walked past with her friend, immediately avoiding my gaze when she came within my line of sight.

The funny thing is, she did it again a few minutes later.

Ahh, such guilty consciences.

.:Ummm... Whoa!:.

So I was doing mentalism for a table last Sunday, where there was this particular spectator who was incredibly... gifted. It was a party filled with Chinese people, and I was bemusing how mature the particular spectator looked, in a good way, of course.

So while performing, I found out her name was Ciara, and in the course of my patter, I asked her how old she was, to which she said she was TWELVE.

My jaw dropped.

With a figure like that, she had no business being twelve!

No comments: