Wednesday, May 05, 2010

30 Days Of Music (29/30)

.:Day 29: A Song From Your Childhood:.

Here’s a song from Gary Valenciano, who was one of my favourite music artists growing up. He still is to this very day, in all honesty.



Gary V’s songs always hit the spot. He’s one of the best musicians of this country, and I can’t help but love the way he takes to the stage and gives it his all 100% of the time. This is also why I picked one of his faster, more uppity songs instead of something like “Take Me Out Of The Dark”.

Then again, speaking of mass songs, I had very fond memories of singing my lungs out during school masses, thanks to my upbringing as a Bosconian. There wasn’t quite an experience like having a gym mass in Don Bosco, and having a whole assembly of students singing during mass. It was a unique experience, and I hope that letting you hear this song could take you back to those times that I now reminisce about fondly.



If I picked any other song, chances are, you’d have known it even if you weren’t a Bosconian. But this one? Well, let’s just say that this song holds a special place in a Bosconian’s heart, which sort of explains why I still identify with that school far more than I do my college alma mater, because in my heart, Don Bosco set the standard, whereas that other school doubled it, if you know what I mean.

No comments: