Friday, May 21, 2010

Project 365 (153/365): The Stripper Deck

.:153/365: The Stripper Deck:.



Laymen have to appreciate the fact that I am using official terms for some of the stuff I talk about here, even if I still stop short of actually spoiling any actual secrets. In the event a layman ever wants to learn magic, they will find it easy to get into it by referring to this blog simply because I have referred to most routines, gimmicks, and other similar stuff by their proper names, majority of the time.

The stripper deck is no such exception, and is one of my personal favourites in magic simply because it can do so much yet require so little, and stands up to a lot of scrutiny from sceptics, for the most part. The applications are nearly limitless, and considering how clean the deck is, the things you can do with it are unbelievable: you can do routines that require a regular deck, and on top of that, you can do routines that are possible only with a stripper deck. What’s not to like, really?

Well, if even the great Paul Potassy utilizes the Stripper Deck in one of his most powerful effects ever, who am I to argue with success? I just can’t emphasize enough how useful this deck is, because it’s proof eternal that there’s always more than one way to skin a cat. If it’s good enough for a Paul Potassy, it’s good enough for me.

No comments: