Thursday, June 12, 2003

Brad Turvey is back with the Morning Rush. Hooray for all his fans?

What an interesting day yesterday was, indeed.

Out of a complete whim, I decided to take my chances and show up in La Salle to meet Mel. Why? I think the better question is: Why not? Coming from my house, which was near Shaw Boulevard, I made it in record time and got to La Salle in under an hour. Of course, since I didn't really know how Mel looks like (One picture isn't enough...), I was forced to call her, and as soon as I saw someone walking around, talking into a cellular phone, I knew I found her. I was actually relieved to see only three people there that day. Usually, those Wednesday gatherings are made up of at least six people, and Hades knows I'd be out of place if I walked into something like that...

Anyways, I met her, Harle (Link not provided due to her problems with Blogger), and Mac. Now, I know Harle through OB, so only Mac would qualify as a "total" stranger to me... I was carrying an umbrella, and they asked me why I was carrying one, in spite of the sun...

Marcelle: Because it's too hot.

Melina: Typical Atenean.

Now what did she mean by that? :laughs:

Our topics covered a lot of ground, and I must say that I was talking to three intelligent people yesterday. Quite a break from a certain former co-worker of mine who sort of tickles my fancy...

We were taling about video games and loves lost. We were talking about Philosophy and Chico and Delamar. Secrets were divulged, but more questions remain to be asked. So much spoken, so much still left unsaid. And it's sad that I won't be able to go there again, seeing how my classes during Wednesdays end at 3:30. But then, that moment was an optimal moment, and I highly doubt it can be easily equaled, much less surpassed. Right now, I feel a little like Alice tumbling down the rabbit hole. Rather confused. Rather dumbstruck. For I know where I stand, yet sometimes, I must learn to walk away. It's indeed good to know these people, as they seem to have relived in me a perspective in life that I sorely needed: the realm of nearly infinite possibilities. The power to achieve a self-determination that I am only recently discovering within my psyche.

Indeed, the matrix has me.

Speaking of that, here's a website I should've linked to ages ago... The Matrix Essays. If you love the Matrix, and if you want to know more, just click the link. I hope to write for it soon...

I'm just grateful I managed to stay dignified throughout the whole affair. Hades knows how many opportunities to make a good impression on someone I have completely botched. Er, well... I would LIKE to think that I managed to stay dignified throughout the whole affair. Although I did lose an easy game of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with Mac watching... but I guess that's the least of my worries. I know I have a long way to get to know the seeming new wave of acquaintances/friends (Thanks to Sach, I'm not as liberal with the label "friend" any longer...) I have encountered this past summer... and most of them aren't even online. Ah, well. That's the way it goes, I suppose... but I'm still rather happy that I had the chance to meet up with these wonderful people... no question about it.

Afterwards, I went home after playing a few more games at UM (Nice arcade!). You might say I'm being as shallow as I possibly can, in hopes that I can minimize that when I take on Barbazza this sem... I'm really in need of psyching up myself for that, you see... Expect to read transcripts of our lessons here, more than I did with Mr. Bulaong last semester. I still have yet to know if Ma'am Sining or Mr. Jimmy P. have read this blog, all the same... and then, there's the topic of a team tournament for KOF 2002 by PinoyGamerz, which I really hope I can join... I think I can do well enough this time, and I'd behoove myself to use Takuma in this tournament...

Grace and I then met up at my house to watch The Animatrix. Yes, expect a review next week, at the earliest. I'll tell you one thing: it's great, but the animation left me wanting. We also watched my fifteen seconds of fame on television... pretty boring segment, actually. It wasn't funny at all.

Today, nothing much, really. My brothers are really into Monster Rancher 2, so that's actually a boon to me. Anyways, we've been making a lot of progress with our little monsters... heh.

Here's a little something that seems to fit me to a T right now...

You're A God
by: Vertical Horizon

I've got to be honest
I think you know
We're covered in lies and that's OK
There's somewhere beyond this I know
But I hope I can find the words to say

Never again no
No never again

CHORUS:
'Cause you're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
That you would know
You're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
I'd let you go

But I've been unable
To put you down
I'm still learning things I ought to know by now
It's under the table so
I need something more to show somehow

Never again no
No never again

Chorus

I've got to be honest
I think you know
We're covered in lies and that's OK
There's somewhere beyond this I know
But I hope I can find the words to say
Never again no
No never again

Chorus

No comments: