Monday, June 16, 2003

There's a slightly different version of this for my LJ friends...

I'm finally back from a short vacation around the Subic area, and you might say I'm a bit better but at the same time, still a little out of sorts. Let me just recount what's been happening while I was on that short vacation...

We got to leave Manila around eight or so in the morning. We were driving all the way there, fully packed, and everything was pretty much in place. Surprisingly, my stepdad wasn't being the prick that he usually was... and he was being rather civil and at times even nice to me throughout this past weekend... but I'm still keeping my guard up. No question about it. Nonetheless, when we got to the Anne Roque resort and began to mingle with the rest of my mother's immediate family, we really started to get things jumping... heh. Firstly, after managing to settle down, we discovered a Videoke machine. But of course, we wouldn't just open it up immediately. But we had plans for later. The billiards table proved to be the perfect way to get us started, whilst we tried to digest a sumptuous lunch that was prepared for us by the staff. I was naturally bad at it, so me, Francis, and Dondon (My brother and my stepbrother) left Caren (My stepsister) to go play some basketball instead. It seemed to be Dondon't lucky day. He was not only successful at billiards, he was likewise succesful at basketball. I was getting too tired to care how rusty I was getting...

Abby texted me around this day that she's going to have an article published in Young Star. Good for her.

Afterwards, we finally went for the Videoke. While I will claim to be a great singer (So sue me. The Kurt Angle side of me is suposed to be arrogant...), do listen to my other faces who will tell you that I just have a lot of guts. I went for a few songs, but as per usual, "Gaya ng Dati" was the first song I went for. It was pretty much second nature, I supose. I then followed that up with "Di na Natutuo" and APO Hiking Society's "When I Met You". I scored an 82, a 73, and an 84 respectively, in spite of my hitting the higher notes for the former two songs. That's odd... why am I getting such bad scores? Heh. Right...

Anyways, I was a bit depressed there, for reasons I shan't disclose. But no, it had nothing to do with my scores.

Anyways, we then went night swimming. I actually jumped off the diving board quite a few times... the pool was deep, and I only know basic swimming, so I had to make sure I didn't TRY (Operative word.) to flip or tumble while I was at it. So yes: landing feetfirst into the pool was the order of the night. We also had water basketball, which again, Dondon won, but a one-on-one encounter snapped his winning streak. We also had a three-storey high slide that was pretty difficult to climb... they didn't bother making a path for swimmers to climb it barefooted, so you'd end up stepping on a lot of rocks, and you'd even have to dodge some Thorny plants (Letter T in bold lest you miss it...) on the way up. But the sheer rush when you go off the slide is worth it all...

Needless to say, after all that, I got a tan from chlorine (Thank goodness the tan's gone...), as well as a bunch of shallow cuts... my body's still hurting all over, I tell you. I'm not up to a huge workout...

Second day, which was my grandfather's 72nd birthday, was the only time we went to Subic. We didn't get to go to Ocean Adventure, unfortunately. We did little more than eat at the steakhouse there. Honestly, I'm not too fond of steaks, nowadays. You've tasted one, you've tasted them all. More videoke when we got back, but that was after redeeming myself at billiards and reliving my slightly more athletic days (Rriiigghhhtt.) at table tennis. I tried "Be My Lady" and "Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin" in addition to my repertoire this time... I got an 88 on the second one, and my second try at "Gaya ng Dati" hit an 89. Some other songs I tried: "Leader of the Band" and "Banyo Queen" (I was forced to do the latter one.).

The next day, they finally made a contest out of the videoke thing... I only got an 82 for "Di Na Natuto" (Better than the 73, right? :) ), but then, we were supposed to have only one round. I wasn't even in the top three... I still one a special prize for my being gutsy and all with singing and so forth, plus, my last try at "Gaya ng Dati" hit a 95... Even my go at "Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang?" got an 87... and best of all, the highest mark on the machine is a 95, so... ah, well.

After the long drive home and all the jostling with my grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins, we finally got home. Nothing much from that point, except I started preparing to go to my aunt's house, where I'll be staying during the weekdays. Better than dorming, I guess. I got there, and all was fine, I suppose...

Now, yesterday, I had a few discoveries. First, my class in Theology was actually in Filipino. I think that's fine. Second, I have a fairly young teacher for CS, but she's not as cute as a certain other CS teacher I know. Anyways, I had to drop her because I need to free up my Mondays and Wednesdays. It was funny, because when I went to the department and I saw Sacha (With a new haircut to boot...), she thought she was my teacher, and was about ready to sign my load revision sheet. I told her that I had Ms. Amarra as a teacher, and then Sacha (Or should I start calling her Madame Chua? :laughs:) says that I'm a Comm student, and Ms. Amarra thinks I'm leaving the class because it's too technical for me. She signs the form, then asks me...

"Why did you consider taking CS in the first place?"

As soon as Sach turned her back, I pointed at her, and Ms. Amarra chuckled. Of course, if Sach didn't notice me pointing in her direction yesterday, she'd end up reading this, anyways, and she'd know... :chuckles: but I think she saw me already there.

Needless to say, I'm not yet ready to take the red pill...

I thought I had a 2:30 class, so when I showed at the appropriate room, I saw Mr. Bulaong. Funny... two mistakes here. First, the class I was supposed to go to was a 1:30 class. Second, The class I was supposed to wasn't my actual class, either. Otherwise, it would've been in Filipino. So Mr. Bulaong thought I took him again, and everyone outside was laughing their heads off... anyways, that was funny.

Still, I hope I can get out of Dr. Barbazza. We had him today, and while he's a little tougher than Mr. Bulaong, and while I know I can handle him (Soon as I adjust to Filipino), I'd rather go for Mr. Hermida, especially since, I plan to fill that 10:30 class with something else. The rest of my teachers seem to be just fine and manageable. I hope I can fix my Comm electives, though.

Ah, well. See you next time! I got class!

.:Addendum:.

I met HER again today. Apparently, she's still avoiding me like the plague. It's gotten to a point that I just take note but don't really care anymore... I know I don't deserve the hades she's TRYING to put me through, so she may as well shove it down her throat for all I care.

Goodbye, Chinese Prospect ® number one. Time to move up somebody else...

No comments: