Tuesday, May 18, 2004

.:Now It Can Be Told:.

It’s been talked about. Shrouded in mystery, the stroke of brilliance came like a flash in the night… the allure was too powerful. The call for intrigue and danger was simply too enthralling to neglect…

Sacha: This sounds dangerous. *laughs*

Of course, questions remain. It is far from certain if the people can possibly fathom such an endeavor from ever truly happening. Some question the timeliness…

Peppy: I don’t think the world is ready…

It has even evoked a sense of genuine fear…

Sacha: Now I’m really scared.

Some, on the other hand, have been completely dumbstruck over the proposition…

Eric: What the heck?

Others have seen it as a start of something big…

Marcelle: We could make this happen for you next year, Jess. All you need do is ask.

Jess: Now I know you’re really crazy, Marcelle.

But finally, the endeavor has been deemed worthy enough of being carried out to hopeful fruition…

Sacha: You're insane, Marcelle. What the heck. Give it a try. Not that I'm officially endorsing this endeavor or anything... ;b

And so, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, allow me to introduce you to the one-year plan that I tossed out to Peppy. The one-year plan that we are now fully intent on carrying out…

GET SACHA CHUA INTO THE 2005 FHM’s 100 SEXIEST WOMEN OF THE WORLD ISSUE

But of course, there’re considerations from those concerned…

Eric: I’m not giving any support whatsoever.

Sacha: And no one's going to wonder just how a flat(Chested? :) – Marcelle), pimply, geeky girl pulled that feat off? *laugh*

But we all know it can be pulled off. There will be online votations for this, and you know that’s where things will tip the balance heavily in favor of Sacha. I really think that if enough people voted for her, even if she’s a non-mainstream “celebrity”, FHM would have no choice but to put her in. And then the pictorial has to happen, and of course, that’s the only perk I’m getting out of this… official photographer rights. :)

Sacha: I’m not about to get a picture taken in a compromising pose. ;p

Hmm… okay. Maybe not. But then, to fully quote a great sage…

Peppy: I don’t think the world is ready for sexy Sacha pics.

Ah, but another sage replies…

Marcelle: I know I am.

Next year, Jess and Grace, perhaps?

.:More Chinese Philosophy Fun:.

We’re doing the Chuang Tzu right now, and it’s a very fun time. As usual, we had weird commentary left and right of people interpreting things a wee bit too literally and losing sight of the significance, but it’s all good. For the longest time, people fixated themselves on the idea of a shadow in the literal sense, instead of thinking that it could simply be a symbol for something more significant. You can tell that they started being literal about it… questions arose as to why a man should be afraid of his shadow. It was downright inane already.

We even walked into the classroom with some advanced mathematical problem on the board. The running joke was that was a sample test of our Philo finals...

In any case, yesterday's class was really wacky. I sort of forgot what else was talked about, but I suppose it'd come to me later. I wish I managed to recall the moemnts there, though. It was really a great class, and I even squeezed in a bit of Troy in the discussion.

.:Uh-oh:.

Remember when I asked about Bartolina? Well, guess what… it’s apparently a nightclub in Cubao. That doesn’t sound like good news to me at all…

.:Crazy Chatting:.

voldemort02: You there?
ninjapeps: Nope.
ninjapeps: Not here.
ninjapeps: This is a recording.


This is crazy… :)

.:A Job Opportunity?:.

Misinterpretations arose, and people have been assuming that my revoking of a scholarship means I am effectively backing out of being a Teaching Assistant. Such is not the case. I guess I have to talk to Fr. Que about this, then. This isn’t good… I could lose a job that I wasn’t supposed to lose…

I never backed out, nor do I intend to. Teaching is what I want to do, so neither Hades nor high water can possibly keep me from going for it. That’s a fact. I’m going to have to fix this today.

In the meantime, I have a different interview I have to comply with on Wednesday. I’m not pinning my hopes much on Binswanger anymore. They seem to not be the least bit interested about hiring me, so it seems. I’d rather take a part-time job and some freelance writing if that were the case.

If I do take this offer on Wednesday, I’d end up working with Ria Go, one of my nice Chinese classmates in Chinese Philosophy.

.:Good Old Days:.

Played RAW Deal with a former player yesterday. It’s sad how he got discouraged to start again because he needs a lot of catching up to do. I guess it can’t be helped, but I’m pretty certain that if he were a bit more willing, I could personally help him out in that department. Every single RAW Deal player counts to me right now, and in my attempting to start a new writing gig for Comic Images, maybe I can drum up some international interest in the Philippines so that people can actually pour in some help, be it words or even… product? It’s my only way to do it without shelling out money for now.

I’ll be writing a series of articles once a month tentatively entitled, “Where Are They Now?” I’ll be looking at RAW Deal decks that used to be popular but somehow stopped being so. It would be interesting because we’d end up seeing exactly how the game’s evolution has occurred, and whether or not the drop of popularity in the particular deck being discussed each article is actually logical. Maybe some decks just stopped being used but are actually as good as ever…

When I can spend, though, rest assured that I will do all I can to blitz RAW Deal into the mainstream market…

No comments: