Saturday, January 29, 2005

.:Every Morning...:.

... there's a halo hanging from the corner of my girlfriend's four-post bed...

Well, not really, but just because it's six in the morning while I'm typing this out, that's today's LSS... heh.

Every Morning
by Sugar Ray

Every morning there's a halo hangin
from the corner of my girlfriend's four post bed
I know it's not mine but I'll see if I can use it for
the weekend or a one-night stand

Couldn't understand
How to work it out
Once again as predicted left my broken heart open
and you ripped it out
Something's got me reeling
Stopped me from believing
Turn me around again
Said that we can do it
You know I wanna do it again

(Sugar Ray say)
Oh...........
(Every Morning)
Oh................
(Every Morning when I wake up)
(Shut the door baby, don't say a word)
Oh.......
(She always rights the wrong, she always rights, she always rights)
(Shut the door baby, Shut the door baby)

Every Morning there's a heartache hanging
from the corner of my girlfriend's four-post bed
I know it's not mine and I know she thinks she loves me
but I never can believe what she said

Something so deceiving
When you stop believing
Turn me around again
Said we couldn't do it
You know I wanna do it again

Oh...........
(Every Morning)
Oh..................
(Every Morning when I wake up)
(Shut the door baby, don't say a word)
Oh...........
(Every Morning)
Oh..........
(Every Morning when I wake up)
(Shut the door baby, shut the door baby)

She always rights the wrong
For me
Baby
She always rights the wrong
For me

Every Morning there's a halo hanging
from the corner of my girlfriend's four-post bed
I know it's not mine but I'll see if I can use it for
the weekend or a one-night stand

(Shut the door baby, don't say a word)
Every Morning
Every Morning when I wake up
(Shut the door baby, shut the door baby)
Every Morning
Every Morning (Turn me around again)
(Shut the door baby, don't say a word)
Every Morning
Every Morning


.:Teh Smooth:.

I was imagining how a certain conversation could've turned out if I happened to practice less discretion...

Never thought I'd see the day that I'd be a resource person.

'Course.

Why so?

When you're passionate about something, people will take notice and want to ask and talk to you about it.

Is that why they ask me about you all the time?


Just a funny thought. It would've been the perfect smooth line, but not exactly the best opportunity to say it, company considered.

.:Revisitng The Ladder Theory:.

Tell me what you think about the Ladder Theory. Sounds interesting...

.:I'm Flattered!:.

Apparently, The-Insight.com has listed my weblog in their spirituality:metaphysical category. I'm very honored and flattered to be considered in such a site. I guess people still see some metaphysical value in between all the vituperations and ravings that I do...

.:And So It Was An FGD:.

I was in the middle of Conversation #4.5 with Clair when April showed up and we went around campus, just talking about how things are going with me... apparently, Mr. Aurelio, my colleague, listens to Love Radio by choice... heh.

Apparently, what I thought was a presentation of sorts turned out to be a focus group discussion for April's group's thesis on radio. I didn't mind, really, as I pretty much had my opinions on all four stations that were considered, anyways: Magic, RX, Love, and RR. It was interesting, really. I had to say a lot of stuff off the record, though, because I knew certain things about certain stations and certain people that nobody needs to really know about. And Hades, I didn't quite know those things through WAVE, mind you. I just did.

In any case, April was telling me that there was a cute Chinese girl in the FGD, and she was right, although the girl apparently smokes. Regardless, I really don't care much for anything romantic with anyone right now not named Grace Apron, whether I be single or otherwise. That said, out of the five people in the FGD, three were into NU, while one of them also had some hybrid fascination with R and B, which he shared with Len (The Chinese girl.), and I was the eclectic one who could put up with Sandara Park's "music".

I was rather opinionated for the most part, and I think my Comm Arts background really shone back there, as I pretty much gave the lowdown on quite a few things about radio stations in the Philippines, and I did go on the record to say that Chico and Delle have a kind of chemistry that was "beyond comparison". I work in a tandem right now, and despite having good chemistry with Gia, Chico and Delle really just transcend "radio", and make it feel like two friends talking. It's that natural.

At the same time, unlike everyone else, I was the only one who was personality-based when it came to radio. My reasoning was simple: if I wanted to listen to music, I'd go get myself an I-Pod. But I want to listen to the personalities on the air. That being said, I don't get turned off Love Radio because of their music, but because of their personalities. They grate on the ears, and you know they really do it on purpose, because when they read something in English, they sound so good while doing it. In fairness to them, I think that they really are just conforming to their station, and aren't really horrible jocks. Hades, I'm sure they'd be better than I am if we hypothetically worked in the same station.

It was funny though, when they asked me about what types of jock appeal to the so-called upper class, and when I talked about DJ's with that foreign twang in their voice, they asked me to demonstrate. Later on, they asked me to demonstrate how a jock from Love Radio would sound like. I think I more or less did a good impression, either way.

It was actually an enjoyable deal back there. I then hitched a ride back home with April to Shaw Boulevard, and we just really talked about relationships and the like. It was a good conversation, needless to say.

.:Shellshocked:.

A very close friend and I had a rather interesting last night, and the conversation was mainly a completely uncensored discourse on my sentiments about things as of late. She was telling me in all candidness what she thought about my current status, and that she was practically telling me that I really have to do something to move beyond the stalemate.

In spite of that, I felt particularly surprised about her revelation when she told me about the extent of another question I asked her. Then again, maybe I was expecting it. Still, I was caught off-guard. My bad. Can you say TMI?

In any case, it was still an interesting conversation. I hope to meet her again soon. She had a point, but I think her recent experiences gave quite a bit of a biased edge to her advice...

No comments: