Monday, January 31, 2005

.:No LSS For Today:.

Instead, a poem that I just really like…

Tonight I Can Write
by Pablo Neruda

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.

Write, for example, 'The night is starry
and the stars are blue and shiver in the distance.'

The night wind revolves in the sky and sings.

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.

Through nights like this one I held her in my arms.
I kissed her again and again under the endless sky.

She loved me, sometimes I loved her too.
How could one not have loved her great still eyes.

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
To think that I do not have her. To feel that I have lost her.

To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.
And the verse falls to the soul like dew to the pasture.

What does it matter that my love could not keep her.
The night is starry and she is not with me.

This is all. In the distance someone is singing. In the distance.
My soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.

My sight tries to find her as though to bring her closer.
My heart looks for her, and she is not with me.

The same night whitening the same trees.
We, of that time, are no longer the same.

I no longer love her, that's certain, but how I loved her.
My voice tried to find the wind to touch her hearing.

Another's. She will be another's. As she was before my kisses.
Her voice, her bright body. Her infinite eyes.

I no longer love her, that's certain, but maybe I love her.
Love is so short, forgetting is so long.

Because through nights like this one I held her in my arms
my soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.

Though this be the last pain that she makes me suffer
and these the last verses that I write for her.


.:The Weekend Threesome:.

Seems to me that the team of Gia, Keiko, and Kel is a pretty solid trio during the weekend. We actually boarded last Sunday as a trio around eight in the morning, and Keiko has that enthusiasm that really can get quite infectious. For the most part, we had a good deal of interaction with the audience, as we asked them to ask us any questions, and at the same time, someone was telling us that we should really grant their requests more. Funny thing was it was the same person who thanked us for playing his request. I found it odd that he was lamenting how we don't play requests over the textline, yet we already played his.

In any case, it was a good show. I'm glad I got five hours of sleep in the afternoon to make up for waking up at 4:30 in the morning, though... heh. At least that helped me out quite a bit...

.:Film Hunting Again:.

It seems to be the case that Grace and I go out every week just to go to Avenida and look for DVD's and all. That being said, it's a fairly entertaining deal for us for the most part, as we actually just got some rather... interesting films ;), mostly those of the... err... more... visually appealing type. At the same time, I decided to be cheap and get “Meet The Fockers” as well... I felt too lazy to go to the theaters... heh.

In any case, Grace found the fried dimsum she was telling me about, and it was really good. We had a pretty fun time just going around Avenida and looking for DVD's, and I must say that she's been wonderful company. I can't quite ask anything more from a wonderful person like her.

.:Now It Can Be Said…:.

... That now, I play the waiting game.

Draw your own conclusions.

No comments: