Sunday, September 14, 2003

Hmmm...

Amazing couple of days, I must say...

Thursday, 11 September, 2003:

Aside from getting a not-so-favorable 3.37 for my Philosophy (That's a B+. I need an A, remember?), I had a short chat with Mr. Bulaong regarding the paper I've been trying to write regarding Philosophy. A new complication has come up...

Not only is attributing the evil in the world to God a problem, a bigger one, the fact that God is assumed to be a LOVING God, precludes the need for us to be free to accept the love and to love Him back. Mr. Bulaong was quick to point out that problem, and now I'm stumped. If I still believe in God but believe I'm not free, how can I say that I can love Him, or that He loves me? The lack of freedom is a GLARING problem if we are to assume a loving God, which, by all means, cannot be ignored, especially since I've been borrowing a lot of theories from Aquinas. Ergo, Mr. Bulaong wasn't too confident about my chances with the paper, and I couldn't blame him.

Afterwards, I tried to catch a bit of sleep (fat chance) then headed off to Maia's pageant...

Grace was with me, and yes, Maia was looking exceptionally fine that night. Grace agreed with me. She was splendid in her evening gown, she gave the best answer in the Q & A portion (Proving to the "prettiest" girl in the pageant that her "prettiness" came at the steep price of stupidity.), and she... ::gets nosebleed over trying to recall:: Bah Gawd, Maia, and you wonder why you're in demand? Anyways, while she didn't make it to the F4, I have to say that aside from the fact that they needed to have a token rep from EACH corridor (Hence, if Macy, Mai's corridor mate was in, Maia can't be in.), there was no reason for Mai to not have made it in there...

Anyways, Grace and I went home rather late already, but it was fine...

Friday, 12 September, 2003:

Ergghh...

I decided to try out FF Tactics Advance, which I saw lying around my aunt's house, only to find out that my cousin (My aunt's son.) wanted to play it. Hell was raised, and I gave it back after the debate varsity accreditations, amidst all the insinuations that I'm a thief, blah, yak, yadda. R-ight.

Oh. You want to know if I got into varsity?

I DIDN'T.

All I had to show for our debate on Iraq (What the Hades were the Baath anyways?) was an ending line that went "If you smell what IRAQ is cooking." Beyond that, I simply did not stand a chance. That makes three times I've been shut out of varsity. Arghh... I'm annoyed, I really am. To think seven people got into varsity, and one of them did not seem the least bit capable of getting in. Or so I thought.

It's annoying. I really thought this was my chance to just get this hang-up out of the way once and for all. There I was, looking at all the fine Chinese girls in the ADS (Daymn. Tell me I didn't just say that.), and I'm shut out... I worked so hard for this... what a waste...

Saturday, 13 September, 2003:

I had another RAW Deal tournament, and yes, it was an interesting day...

Grace and I were together. We got FF Tactics Advance already, then had a meal at Mang Jimmy's. Not bad, really... ah, well...

Training that morning with Chico and Delle was a bit harrassing for me. I had problems with the CD player, and there were bad moments of dead air that I ended up getting hit with. I still need to work on my stuff. Ma'am Lea was there. She was so nice...

I would've wanted to go on air for Radio 1 this Saturday, but... obviously I can't. It's a string of parties for me in this approaching week, seeing how my mom and brother are celebrating for their birthdays on that day...

Gotta work on my thesis, but fast!

When that's done with, maybe I can have longer posts...

No comments: