Monday, November 08, 2004

.:Today's Double LSS...:.

I'm in that sappy mood again...



You're In Love
by Wilson Phillips

Open the door and come in
I'm so glad to see you my friend
Don't know how long it has been
Having those feelings again.

And now I see that you're so happy
And ooh, it just sets me free
And I'd like to see
Us as good of friends
As we used to be

Chorus:
Aah, my love, Aah
You're in love
That's the way
It should be
'Cause I want you to be happy
You're in love
And I know
That you're not in love with me
Ooh it's enough
For me to know
That you're in love
Now I'll let you go
'Cause I know
That you're in love

Sometimes it's hard to believe
That you're never coming back to me
I've had this dream that you'd always be by my side
Oh I could have died.

But now I see that you're so happy
And ooh, it just sets me free.
And I'd like to see
Us as good of friends
As we used to be

(Chorus)

I tried to find you but you were so far away
I was praying that fate would bring you back to me
Someday, someday, someday... Ooh, you're in love

Ooh it's enough
For me to know
That you're in love
Now I'll let you go
'Cause I know
That you're in love...


Hiding Inside Myself
by Kenny Rankin

I've been so alone all my life
I couldn't give my heart to anyone
Hiding in myself was a man
Who needed to be held like everyone

The days moved into years
I look for warmth between the tears
It never ever found me
Never ever found me
Yes, I did seem to grasp at straws
They surely broke all the time

So I hid inside
(Till) I almost died
Yes I hid inside and I cried
A loving heart in a sensitive man
Hiding inside myself

Then you came out of nowhere
I could not believe my heart
I didn't know how to tell you
Didn't know where to start
I know you understand

When I hid inside
I almost died
Oh, I hid inside and I cried
A loving heart in a sensitive man
I know you'll understand

(Instrumental)

I love you...


.:The Grudge:.

Grace and I, for a change of scenery, went to watch The Grudge in Sta. Lucia East instead of the usual Centerpoint or Megamall. It was fairly interesting, to say the least, as neither of us knew where we were headed as we walked around the whole mall. It's also interesting how many card shops there were in the mall. I counted at least four different shops. Interesting...

As far as the American version of The Grudge was, I think that what it had over the original was a valid attempt to explain the story. It wasn't just a tying together of bits and pieces of Kayako's victims, but rather, a story with some measure of coherence. I'm not a huge fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar, though, so seeing her there instead of the cute Japanese girl who used to be in her place sort of weakened the film's effect for me. Let's face it: the American cast was definitely out of place in Japan, regardless of how you look at it. And the added scares were definitely interesting, all the same. I especially liked the missing jaw effect on Yoko. It was exceedingly intimidating, to say the least.

After the film, Grace and I had dinner at some Pepper Steak place. The food wasn't so bad, but I figure it could've been better...

.:The Nicest Gesture:.

While talking to Sacha online last night, and upon sensing that I was in rather low spirits, she suddenly went and called me up on my cellular phone. Needless to say, this gesture stunned me, as I wasn't expecting it.

I sincerely, sincerely appreciate it.

How ironic that one can be both the cause and the remedy...

.:Confessions Part II, the Unsent Series Part XIII:.

Dear Pariah,

It's over. Throw in the towel.

The surge of Brilliance is finished. Fidelity now holds the illumination, insofar as you are too blind to realize. It's time you started moving on, whether or not you have lost your Divinity.

You get up on your high horse every chance you get, proclaiming yourself to be unlike the others, yet here you are now, an emotional wreck over the news. It's over, Pariah. Give it up and save face while you still can. You've denied yourself your own happiness for long enough.

You want nothing but good things for those who matter to you, yet at what price does it come? Your own well-being? Your own happiness? Are you truly capable of maintaining this devastating upkeep to yourself? Or are you just deluding yourself, and in truth, you are onwards to this foolish path of self-destruction? You have no idea what to do, and to this moment, you still cannot accept two important things:

1. No matter what you say, your actions definitely reflect the contrary, and
2. Fidelity is the virtue acknowledged by all. By all.

In the end, Pariah, you make everyone else happy except two people: yourself, and your Angel. The one person who would reciprocate your love. The one person who believes in you every step of the way. The one person you take for granted, you wretched louse. Pariah, any misery you now endure, you most certainly deserve. Your grandiose sense of honor and fair play have gotten the best of you, and now, it's over.

Throw in the towel while you still can. Don't think that the future could change things in your favor. The more you hope, the more you set yourself up for disappointing yourself even further.

Pariah, martyrs can be saints. You are no martyr. You are a blind, deluded fool.

No comments: