Friday, November 12, 2004

.:Today's LSS:.

Without You
by Charlie Wilson

Mmm...hmm...

It feels like a lifetime,
a thousand days have passed by
Since I held you close to me
If i could see that smile from my friend
I know that I could live again
I need you here with me

Heaven knows what to say
Even though for right now
you're so far away
I hope and I pray
Somewhere in your heart I'll
always stay

Girl, lately my sun doesn't shine
without you
Never noticed what it feels like to be
without you
Feels like I took my last step and my
last breath in my life ending
Had to say just what I was feeling, girl
Cause my sun doesn't shine, sun
doesn't shine without you

This is more for me than for you
Girl, I finally see there's no substitute
For what we have
Do you know how much I love you


And what we shared i can't forget
Girl, a love like yours
I'll never just slip away
Just promise that you'll stay
Heaven knows what to say
Even though for right now you're so
far away

Gonna tell you and show you
Do whatever I can do to get back
to you

Girl, lately my sun doesn't shine
without you
Never noticed what it feels like to be
without you
Feels like I took my last step and my
last breath in my life ending
Had to say just what I was feeling, girl
Cause my sun doesn't shine, sun
doesn't shine without you

Have you ever see a flower that
never bloom
See the starless night without the
moon
Well that's me without you
So come back and turn my nights
into day

Girl, lately my sun doesn't shine
without you
Never noticed what it feels like to be
without you
Feels like I took my last step and my
last breath in my life ending
Had to say just what I was feeling, girl
Cause my sun doesn't shine, sun
doesn't shine without you


.:Levinas:.

So we had Levinas class last night, and aside from the nice sunset picture I took which I will post next time, not much was going on, really.

However, one thing I noticed about people in my group during our group discussion was that they seemed to have some preconceived notions about Heidegger and used these notions as a way of comparing him to Levinas. Same thing about Husserl.

My main bone of contention with that is that they are making hasty and arbitrary value judgments regarding these thinkers without really knowing what is being talked about. I think it's an appropriate caveat for people who try to compare two thinkers that if they have a flawed knowledge of one or the other or even worse, both, then their analysis would definitely be flawed. I ended up ranting about it in class and likened it to various networking companies trying to say they're different from some other networking company for reasons the competing network company would give, all the same.

Ray was really expecting me to do that, though. He realized I was the only Heidegger-schooled member of the group, so when he called out to my group regarding the seemingly mistaken general notions thrown around, I promptly answered his questions about whether or not Levinas' enterprise did justice to Heidegger's main concern. I reminded him that whether that was the case or not was irrelevant to Levinas insofar as he was more concerned of presenting things in a different way from those already presented in the past.

Later on, other interesting discussions were carried out in class... but for the record, I was very pleased they had food over at CTC. The balut really helped me keep going despite the class... oh, well.

.:Smoothness:.

An interesting conversation I had last night with a Chinese friend of mine, Cecille Lao...

Marcelle: Hey, Ces! How's your boyfriend!

Ces: I don't have a boyfriend.

Marcelle: That's good news to me.

Ces: *smiles*

Marcelle: I don't have a boyfriend, either.

Ces: That's good news to me.

.:Lessons Learned:.

1. When you have a friend who's supposed to be there every step of the way, think smart for a moment and don't push her away.

2. Insensitivity is the kiss of death to your friendship: sure, she might say she wants you to be brutally honest, but neither does she want to be taunted or insulted.

3. A little initiative goes a long way.

4. Don't make light of her feelings: she always takes yours seriously.

5. Don't ever think that she doesn't care just because she doesn't go out of her way anymore to stay in touch with you.

No comments: