Tuesday, December 27, 2005

More Thanks...

.:Today's LSS:.

Goes out to the Slycesoft Commune...

Thank You
by Alanis Morissette

How bout getting off of these antibiotics
How bout stopping eating when I'm full up
How bout them transparent dangling carrots
How bout that ever elusive kudo

Chorus:
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence

How bout me not blaming you for everything
How bout me enjoying the moment for once
How bout how good it feels to finally forgive you
How bout grieving it all one at a time

(Chorus)

The moment I let go of it was
The moment I got more than I could handle
The moment I jumped off of it was
The moment I touched down

How bout no longer being masochistic
How bout remembering your divinity
How bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out
How bout not equating death with stopping

(Chorus)

yeah yeah
ahh ohhh
ahhh ho oh
ahhh ho ohhhhhh
yeaahhhh yeahh


.:The Top Ten People I'm Most Grateful To This Year:.

And so we continue with our countdown...

8. The Slycesoft Commune: It's impossible to come up with a list of people I'm grateful to this year without these people showing up in my list. Considering that the first half of my year was spent mostly in misery upon being evicted from the house, and I had no idea where I would end up next, considering how horrible the timing was. I lost my teaching job, I was just starting off with Pomelo, and lots of other problems creeping up one after the other.

To find myself living in the Eastwood Condo with Ranulf, Mark, and Jac for over two months was nothing short of a miracle. And more importantly, I didn't just find a place to stay in and play X-Box and go online with DSL, I actually discovered very unique friendships with the people in the commune. I'll reserve what I have to say about Ron for another day, but Mark and Jac were people I never even knew the previous year, and now, I know that these are people I can count on in a pinch. As far as I'm concerned, the eviction has done me more good than harm, ironically, as I have found great friends I never would've ever discovered otherwise.

I don't think I could put it any more eloquently. The Slycesoft Commune was an experience that will last me a lifetime, if only for the sheer amount of growing up I inevitably went through by staying with these people for that long a time. I will always be grateful to them for having let me be part of that experience, if only for a while. Special mention also goes to Diane Lazaro when it comes to this, considering the amazing mushroom dish she made while she was staying there, albeit barely.

I'm very grateful to you for the memories we shared this year that will last me a lifetime. From all the ideals and ideas of Ranulf to the amazing unflappableness of Mark to the very colorful stories Jac had to share *coughlcoughycoughncoughdcoughocoughncoughgcoughrcoughecoughgcoughocoughrcoughicoughocough*... lol.

Thanks, everyone. I'll always treasure this.

.:Amusing:.

I forgot to mention that when I was at E.G.G. last Wednesday, I actually ran into April Rojales, my blockmate. It turned out to be pretty amusing, to say the least, since we had some quick stories to swap, particularly about the time I met a certain horse in GMA-7... ;)

No comments: