Saturday, December 31, 2005

Rounding Things Up...

.:The Top Ten People I'm Most Grateful To This Year:.

Top 5:

This song goes out to Sacha...

I'll Be There
by the Jackson 5

You and I must make a pact
We must bring salvation back
Where there is love
I'll be there

I'll reach out my hand to you
I'll have faith in all you do
Just call my name
And I'll be there

And oh, I'll be there to comfort you
Build my world of dreams around you
I'm so glad that I found you
I'll be there with a love that's strong
I'll be your strength, I'll keep holding on

Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness is all I'm after
Whenever you need me
I'll be there

I'll be there to protect you
With an unselfish love I'll respect you
Just call my name
And I'll be there

I'll be there to comfort you
Build my world of dreams around you
I'm so glad I found you baby
I'll be there with a love so strong
I'll be your strength, you wanna keep holding on

If you should ever find someone new
I know she'd better be good to you
'Cos if she doesn't
Then I'll be there

I'll be there
I'll be there
Just call my name
And I'll be there

I'll be there
I'll be there
Just call my name
And I'll be there

Just look over your shoulder
Just call my name
And I'll be there...


5. Sacha: Admittedly, she's been out for most of the year as she started the year out in Japan then left to study in Canada. Irregardless, that never stopped us from keeping our friendship alive.

There's just something about being friends with a Sacha Chua that keeps one from ever having a dull moment. Whether it be her infectious impish laughter, or her extremely enthusiastic outlook on life, Sacha has always been an amazing individual who I am honored to consider as one of the best friends I've ever had.

As friends, the two of us have gone through quite a lot, even if for the most part, we haven't really been within a thousand miles of each other. It's not like neither of us know how to use the internet, oh no, we're absolutely clueless how... :P

Whether she's telling you excitedly about her latest uber-geeky escapade, or whether she soberly listens to you as you bawl your eyes out over your latest setback, a friend like Sacha is there for you when it matters.

This has been a great year for the both of us, where we've gone through a lot of changes, considering the hopes and dreams that we all strive to achieve as we try to blindly figure our way out of life with only good friends, family, and our limited wisdom to guide us along the way. It has been a crazy ride in 2005, but being friends with Sacha has infinitely made it an enjoyable one.

Thanks a lot for this year, Sach. There’s little else I can say beyond that. I hope that the next year will be kind enough to us in our journey through life. Rest assured I’ll be there for you each and every step of the way, jabroni.


Top 4:

This song goes out to Clair...

Heart And Hand
by Vertical Horizon

I know it's been a long road
To get these towns behind me and I
Will gladly reap what we may sow I am
There for you, there for me

Pictures and photographs
Memories and windows
Goodbyes and epitaphs
Heartbeats and hellos

Chorus
Are you waiting for
Heart in hand
Woman and man
See me where I stand I am
Heart
Heart in hand

These fields may hold a hunting ground
But the wolves are far behind me and I
Hear the howls and the distant sound
Of the messengers lost at sea

Into the morning light
Followed by madness
Reach through the empty fight
Searching through sadness

Chorus

I know it's been a long road
To get these fears behind me and I
Will gladly reap what we may sow I am
There for you, there for me

Pictures and photographs
Memories and windows
Goodbyes and epitaphs
Heartbeats and hellos

Chorus
Heart in hand
Ohh for a woman and man
I am waiting
See me where I stand I am
Heart
Heart in hand


4. Clair: With all the time we've spent chatting with each other via YM, with the Wednesday night dinners we shared with a few of the JGL, with the impromptu encounters we've had at the MRT as we are both on our way home, this year, Clair has been quite a revelation as far as friends go.

Thinking back upon this year, I have to say that Clair and I have been very good friends, to say the least. After all, we've gone out of our way to make time for each other, insofar as we have been both extremely busy with work, to say the least. Whether it be the most mundane of conversations about suman, or it be the deepest of conversations about our fears about our own mortality, Clair has definitely never been wanting as a source of intelligent discourse. With her very unique sense of humor and amazing capacity for empathy, you can say that there's nothing to dislike about Clair.

Another thing that definitely strikes you about Clair is that she has such a soft spot for animals. She loves cats, has a dog named Panda, and turns to mush in the face of penguins, real or virtual as the case may be. The affinity Clair has for animals becomes quite a testament for her thoughtfulness. She'd be the first to check up on you if she'd so much as sense that something's bugging you. She'd be the first to remind you that you're not alone when you feel down and out. Neither would she hesitate to help you out when you find yourself in a tight spot and in need of a listening ear.

This year has proven to be a year where all of the people in the JGL have hit a crossroad in their life, where they really have to ask themselves where they are headed, or simply affirm what they truly wish to be. The way my paths branches off within itself this past year has been approximating Clair's own path quite a bit, to the point that I can't help but feel we share a lot in common in that regard. That undeniable kind of affinity, to say the least, has enabled the two of us to be able to read each other a bit better than we normally could.

And with that, I reiterate my thanks to Clair. Thank you so much for being an amazing revelation of a friend to me. There's no doubt that we've only just begun and we certainly have a long way to go.

No comments: