Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sigh...

.:The Top Ten People I'm Most Grateful To This Year:.

Moving on with the list...

Unbreakable
by Alicia Keys

Intro)
Clap ya hands everybody, Uh clap ya hands
C'mon, keep it goin... Clap ya hands everybody, clap ya hands everybody
Clap ya... Let's do it, you ready? C'mon!

(Verse 1)
We could fight like Ike and Tina
Or give back like Bill and Camelle
Be rich like Oprah, N Stedman
OR INSTEAD! Struggle like Flow N James Evens

(Bridge)
Cuz HE! ain't no different from you
N SHE! ain't no different from me
So WE! got to live out our dreams
Like the people on TV

(Chorus)
We gotta stay tuned cuz there's more to see
Unbreakable!
Through the technical difficulties
Unbreakable!
We might have to take a break
But ya'll know we'll be back next week
I'm say'n this love is unbreakable...(oooh yeaa, yeaa)

Yea, clap ya hands everybody, clap ya hands everybody
Let's do it like this C'mon

(Verse 2)
See we could act out like Will and Jada (Will N Jada)
Or like Kimora N Russell make'n paper (oh yea)
All in the family! Like the Jacksons (Like the Jacksons)
And have enough kids to make a band like Joe and Katherine (yeeaa)

(Bridge)
SHE! ain't no different from me
N HE! ain't no different from you
So we! got to live out our dreams
Like the people on TV

(Chorus)
we gotta stay tuned cuz there's more to see
Unbreakable!
Through the technical difficulties
Unbreakable!
We might have to take a break
But ya'll know we'll be back next week
I'm say'n this love is unbreakable (We livin' our dreams)

(Hook)
We livin' our dreams! we liven our dreams,
we livin' our dreeeeaaams (oooooooh)
we livin' our dreams (we liven our dreams)
we livin' our dreams (We're liven our dreams!)
we're livin' our dreeeeaams (Whooaa oh! yeah yeah yeah yeah!)

(Chorus)
N we gotta stay tuned cuz there's more to see
Unbreakable!
Through the technical difficulties (uh)
Unbreakable!
We might have to take a break
But ya'll know we'll be back next week
I'm say'n this love is unbreakable
SING IT ONE MORE TIME NOW!

Ya'll know we'll be breakin' up!
But we just might be back next week (haha)
This love is unbreakable

(Hook)
Break it down Break it down, like this...
(Yea!) No thing, No money, No sin, No temptation I'm talkin' bout loving
No thing, No money, No sin, No temptation I'm talkin' bout nothing
No thing, No money, No sin, No temptation I'm talkin' bout nothing
No thing, No money, No sin, No temptation I'm talkin' bout nothing (YEEEEAAAAA!)
Unbreakable!
Yea yea yea! (Yea yea yea)
Yea yea yea!
Unbreakable!

We just might be breakin up But ya'll know we'll be back next week,
I'm say'n this love is unbreakable!


7. Abby: It should come as no surprise whatsoever that I'd be grateful to her, after all has been said and done. With everything that has happened over the past year, I guess we really have gone through quite a bit, although things were slightly more eventful during the first half of the year.

When things didn't work out for me with my previous during May, you might say that it was Abby who was there, although she wasn't particularly on my side. The fact that she's been there for me, regardless, has definitely helped me make it through. Perhaps I would have a couple of gripes here and there about how she wouldn't hesitate cutting me down if she sees it fit, that kind of candidness has never failed to help me keep things in perspective.

There's very little else I can say about her that I haven't already said in the past, to be honest. Regardless, it's definitely been a good year for the both of us, as we continued to make headway into our lives, making sure to keep each other abreast each step of the way.

I thank you for this year, Abby. I hope that our friendship continues to grow in the way we manage to be very open and honest with each other. It certainly makes things much better for the both of us to be open like that.

You've Got A Friend
by James Taylor

When you're down and troubled
and you need a helping hand
and nothing whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
and soon I will be there
to brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name
and you know whereever I am
I'll come running oh yeah baby
to see you again.
Winter spring summer or fall
all you have to do is call
and I'll be there yeah yeah yeah.
You've got a friend.

If the sky above you
should turn dark and full of clouds
and that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud
and soon I will be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer or fall
all you got to do is call
and I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Hey, ain't it good to know that you've got a friend?
People can be so cold.
They'll hurt you and desert you.
Well they'll take your soul if you let them.
Oh yeah, but don't you let them.

You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Oh babe, don't you know that,
Winter spring summer or fall,
Hey now, all you've got to do is call.
Lord, I'll be there, yes I will.
You've got a friend.
You've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
You've got a friend


6. The Just Geeks League: Before I give my thanks to my barkada, I'd like to point out first of all that I'm not a geek... heh.

But seriously, there’s no definite timeline when our little group formed, but it’s definitely a great group of friends, nonetheless. All of them have, in one way or another, been there for me in a pinch, whether it be Clair and the 100++ chat conversations we’ve had online, or Sean with the time he helped me out to get rent , or Sacha and her amazing thoughtfulness, or Charo and the steaks and happy kittens, or Peppy and his deadpan humor, it all just comes together for all of us and makes me incredibly thankful that I have friends like them. There’s nothing more I can ask from this group of friends.

In a year that has been filled with trials and tribulations, these people have come through like no other. I’m just very grateful to have found people like these, if only for the fact that never before in my life have I had a group that I can truly, truly call my barkada. This group is definitely that and so much more. I can't help but wonder if things would turn out this way had I done a few things in my life differently, from not choosing Eco. 102 or simply not ever having run into Sacha five years ago, period. All things considered, life has been good for all of us. We've gone through challenges and showed what we're made of, and we've gone through it knowing that whatever happens, the JGL will be there for one another.

I know this thank-you note is incredibly short. But despite that, you know how deeply I appreciate each and every one of you. I am very grateful for having you people in my lives, and making it infinitely more wonderful and happy.

.:And Here It Comes:.

I took time off of work to finally meet up with Sacha, Clair, Sean, and a few other friends, all the same. It was a fairly interesting time, to say the least.

I went to Sacha's house, and was feeling like I had an incredibly splitting headache. A change of plans took me with Sach and Tita Harvey to Shoemart to look for gifts for Sacha's godparents, and it was a fairly interesting ride. Tita Harvey was kind enough to give me a small bottle of White Flower, which definitely eased the pain, as we then went along and just spent time talking and waiting for the gift wrappers to get to wrapping the packages they bought. I kept on making jokes about the wrappers getting a recording contract, heh.

So afterwards, we just stayed at Choc.Nut, and Tita Harvey was wondering about what we think parents shouldn't be worrying about when it comes to their children's significant others, as I was pointing out that sometimes, parents worry more about somebody's looks than the guy's stability. Tita Harvey then essentially brought up that she's glad Sacha's friends like to talk to her, and told me to not hesitate to strike up conversation with her whenever I could.

Soon enough, Justin, Sacha's friend, arrived, and he was followed by Paolo Venegas shortly afterwards. It was pretty amusing when we got to talking about various topics, including travel, food, James Bond, crazy stories at work, and so forth. It was also Dom's birthday yesterday, and the moment Charo got there, the craziness ensued.

Sacha called up Dominique, and we were talking to him by passing the phone around us all. Soon enough, I talked to him with the requisite radio lingo, then told him that I'd be passing the phone to his darling, while winking at Charo.

Charo picks up the phone, then does her best Sacha impersonation...

Dom: Hi, honey! Now that's the voice I wanted to hear...

At that point, Sacha unconsciously raises her eyebrow. Heh.

All in all, we had a great time, and I'm glad to have managed to bond with Tita Harvey that day, even just a bit. I know I'm the outspoken type, but I hope that regardless, I'm still capable of giving good conversation...

.:Realism And Idealism:.

When it comes to love, I wouldn't be a fool and believe that it conquers all. Financial hurdles are hurdles you cannot just bridge with love. Love doesn’t pay the bills.

That’s why I believe that economic status can and will present a barrier for relationships.

But race? Preconceived notions about another person? I’m sorry, but I don’t take too kindly for that.

Neither do I take too kindly to people who hit the ground running over a little setback like that.

I hate it. And I’m severely disgusted by it.

No comments: