Saturday, December 31, 2005

Number Three...

.:The Top Ten People I'm Most Grateful To This Year:.

Top 3:

This song goes out to Grace. I know it's one of her favorite songs. And I guess I can't help but see why. Maybe I can't really say this song is from me to her anymore, but I know it's a song she'd love to hear, regardless.

Stick Around
by Azure

How many times do I daydream about making love to you
And take you to a special place where it's only me and you
I'll put away all your troubles on the other side of the world
And run my arms around your heart and tell you you're my girl

So let's go steal away in the night
And we'll go far away from here
To the place where our love is right
Can I take you to my world

Chorus:

Whenever you're sad, whenever you're crying
I'll be the one who wipes away your tears away
Whenever you call, whenever you need me
I'll be the one who runs to you, giving my love
Well you know how much I love you
So you better not let me down
I'm not asking for too much baby, just stick around

Forever... forever

A quiet day in the country or a rainy night in my room
We'll hide away under my sheets after the morning comes too soon
An afternoon in your eyes or a lifetime in your heart
Forever just stay long enough but it leads to take a start

Falling deeper in love with you
Will you be there to catch me girl
Are you falling deep with me too
Can I keep you in my world

(Chorus)

Oh would you come on baby
Let's go steal away in the night
And we'll go far away from here
To the place where our love is right

Oooh coz

(Chorus)


3. Grace: There is little to add to everything I have already said about Grace in the past, so I would keep this short. But it would definitely be a disservice to her if I were to ignore how grateful I should be to her for this year.

It has been a very rocky year for Grace and I. We broke up earlier this year, and despite the things that happened immediately afterwards, none of that can possibly override the fact that Grace has still been a wonderful person in my life. As a person I once loved and as a person I still care about, she will always hold a special place in my heart.

I thank her for this year, for all the lessons I learned. I thank her because despite everything that we have gone through, through all my shortcomings, it cannot be denied that the relationship we once had will forever be a special and important part of my life. I will treasure the memories, and hope for the day that we could rebuild our bridges as friends.

For now, all I can do is thank her. And leave it at that.

No comments: