Monday, September 14, 2009

Hush, Hush, Hush Hush...

.:Today's LSS: Life Goes On:.

Life Goes On
by Leann Rimes

Life goes on, life goes on, life goes on...

You sucked me in and played my mind
Just like a toy you would crank and wind
Baby, I would give 'til you wore it out
You left me lying in a pool of doubt
If you're still thinkin' you're the daddy mac
You should've known better but you didn't and I can't go back

Oooh, life goes on, and it's only gonna make me strong
It's a fact, once you get on board, say goodbye 'cause you can't go back
Oooh, it's a fight, and I really wanna get it right
Where I'm at, is my life before me, got this feeling that I can't go back

Life goes on, life goes on, life goes on...

Wish I knew then what I know now
You held all the cards and sold me out
Baby, shame on you if you fooled me once,
Shame on me if you fooled me twice
Youve been a pretty hard case to crack
I shouldve known better but I didnt and I cant go back

Oooh, life goes on, and it's only gonna make me strong
It's a fact, once you get on board, say goodbye 'cause you can't go back
Oooh, its a fight, and I really wanna get it right
Where Im at, is my life before me, got this feeling that I can't go back

Na na na na na life goes on, na na na na na made me strong
Got a feeling and I can't go back
Life goes on (and its only gonna make me strong)
Life goes on and on and on

Shame on you if you fooled me once,
Shame on me if you fooled me twice
You've been a pretty hard case to crack
I should've known better but I didn't and I can't go back

Oooh, life goes on, and its only gonna make me strong
It's a fact, once you get on board say goodbye 'cause you can't go back
Oooh, it's a fight, and I really wanna get it right
Where I'm at, is my life before me, got this feeling that I can't go back

Na na na na na life goes on, na na na na na made me strong
Whoa, yeah
Got a feeling and I can't go back...

.:Stonecold Said It Best: The Unsent Series, Volume 2, Part X:.

Dear Licorice,

Stonecold said it best: D.T.A. Don't. Trust. Anyone.

I'm turning into quite a cynic, to be honest. Despite that, I think my suspicions have been well-placed. I now see the truth, and it alarms me.

Who I am, what I do, and what my hopes and aspirations are may not be such a big secret to everyone. Despite that, I believe that when I confide in someone, I should be able to expect that it wouldn’t become common knowledge to random people in a few days’ time. Did I expect too much?

You see, I believed in you. I’ve gone out on a limb for you more times than I’d care to count, and I couldn’t help but feel that my trust in you was misplaced from the get-go.

You thought I wouldn’t know? You thought your betrayal would just slip past me, when I have successfully managed to trace it all back to you? That’s where you’re dead wrong. To think I thought the world of you.

And now you dare tell me that I was wrong about you.

I wouldn’t disagree, actually. I was wrong about you. I thought the world of you, I fought tooth and nail for you, because I believed you had character. I believed you were worth fighting for. The minute you threw me under the bus was the minute I realized that I was indeed fatally wrong about you.

And maybe that’s exactly what happens to be wrong with me as well. I trusted you too soon. I didn’t think twice because I really thought you were a great person. I really thought you weren’t going to be just more of the same. I guess that’s really the way things work, in the end. We deceive ourselves in believing these things so bad, we allow our senses to take a leave until the cold, harsh reality hits us at the most inopportune of times.

I don’t trust you any farther than I can throw you. I don’t trust you, and I’m not falling for your lies anymore. Act all offended and indignant all you want, but I wasn’t the one who played you for a fool.

So please, before you have the temerity to get terse with me, to get mad with me, maybe you should consider your mistake first. I sure as Hades didn't do anything to deserve this from you.

Licorice, you’ve played me pretty well for a while, and I’mma let you finish, but Audacity was the greatest deceiver of all time. Of. All. Time.

No comments: