Monday, September 14, 2009

Met And Gret (LOL) Ruffy Biazon Last Friday!

.:Any Man Who Knows What It Means To Be Rickrolled Is A Fine Man, In My Book…:.


Photo courtesy of Congressman Ruffy Biazon.



Last Friday, Carlo Ople was kind enough to invite me and a few other bloggers to meet Senatoriable Congressman Ruffy Biazon at Bo’s Coffee for, well, duh, coffee. I was actually the first one to get to the venue, as the weather really prevented everyone from getting around town quickly enough.

My co-workers Judd and Carlos would join us shortly, but when I met Cong. Biazon, he looked very unassuming, and it was so easy to talk to him. It didn’t take long before we were already swapping stories, and that’s when I found out he actually does club mixes and the like. He’s an even better DJ than I am, for crying out loud.

He was funny, amiable, and genuine. It’s hard finding that in people, let alone politicians, yet he’s the second genuine politician I’ve met recently, the first one, of course, being Chiz Escudero. Thing is, though, we had more time to talk to Congressman Biazon, and it was really an engaging discussion with him, as he had so many stories to tell.

After a while, Carlo called my cell while we were talking, and since my ringtone was “Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley, I was smirking as the ringtone blasted in the café. Ruffy Biazon looked at me, smiled, and said rather sheepishly, “I’ve been Rickrolled.” I apologized half-seriously, but he waved it off, and told me that he actually regretted not being in town during last August’s concert. Right then and there, my respect for the man shot up, especially when he flatly told me that he was indeed a fan. I couldn’t have been more impressed if he walked on water and then turned it into wine.

Shortly afterwards, Carlo and the other bloggers started arriving, and we asked Ruffy all sorts of questions, ranging from politics (peppered with Mikey A jokes) to the fact that he has the same nickname as Ruffa Gutierrez to the reason why Ruffy would make an excellent senator, given his personality and the simple fact that he really does have a good head on his shoulders.

I mean, how could you possibly go wrong, right? He’s a frigging fan of Rick Astley!

On a serious note, to Congressman Biazon, thank you for spending your time with us last Friday, and sharing your thoughts with us. We could only hope that other politicians would be as candid and as genuine as you were to us last Friday.

Personally, I don’t have a problem endorsing someone I genuinely like, so here goes… Congressman Biazon is running for senator. Pick eleven other people, but make sure he’s one of them. =)

No comments: