Monday, August 01, 2011

Just Another Magic Monday: Shoot Ogawa In Manila This Wednesday!

.:Just Another Magic Monday: Shoot Ogawa In Manila This Wednesday!:.

Before I proceed, I would like to offer a moment of silence for Fabio. He will be missed.


I don't understands 95% of what Fabio said, but I'm sure it came from the heart.

Having said that, I'm stoked about this coming Wednesday as international magic sensation Shoot Ogawa is scheduled to come to Manila to perform, lecture, and give a workshop to budding magicians out there who want to come and see the man. Known worldwide for his awesome skill with thimble manipulation and of course, the famed Ninja Rings routine, Shoot is an award-winning performer who has dazzled audiences in different countries, and has never failed to impress both laymen and magicians alike with his skill and charisma.

It's not everyday that we get international stars here in the Philippines willing to share their craft and expertise with contemporaries, so all I can say at this point is I'm sold! Shoot Ogawa has always been popular with the younger magicians, but unlike most of the other flash in the pan performers out there, Shoot's fame is grounded in genuine skill and mastery, not just packaging and pizzazz.

I have nothing but good things to say about Shoot. When I was just getting into the nitty-gritty of sleights for my magic, I made the sorry mistake of watching one of his videos. I'm not saying he was bad or anything of the sort. He just humbled me by reminding me that my skill level was still a loooong way from being at the level where I should be watching his performances and expecting to do magic at his skill level. He's just that good.

I know this post is pretty short and barebones, but I'm hoping that in attending the lecture + workshop on Wednesday, I can come up with some very substantial input, because I'd really want to do some reviews of good magic material if I can find the time and opportunity to talk about this stuff.

In the meantime, if you don't know how Shoot Ogawa looks like...


I'm sure he knows karate.

No comments: