Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Project 52 (32/52): Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People

.:Project 52 (32/52): Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People:.

A song you won't hear much on Virginia Tech for a long while.

In light of all the school shootings that have happened over the years, a song directly referencing the idea hasn't been done this conspicuously since the Boomtown Rats went with "I Don't Like Mondays." Foster The People used a deceptively upbeat melody to hide a pretty grim song in the lyrics. When you sing along to it, it sounds like some kind of idyllic song about simpler times, until you hear him sing about running from a gun.

It's a catchy tune, with a very telltale beat you can't help but take notice of. I don't really know much about Foster The People as a group, but this is just really great music, regardless of one's objections to the lyrics. I definitely am a fan of this band now, after everything's been said and done.

Also, I removed the music video I *embedded* due to a certain claim against my blog. Clearly, the bigwigs are afraid that this blog would make a song about shooting people at school somehow remind people of... shooting people at school. Well, whatever. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Just look the song up on YouTube if you wanna give it a listen, then.

No comments: