Thursday, May 15, 2003

How To Cut A Promo In Ten Minutes...

Okay, so maybe more than ten minutes, but I sure enjoyed last night's movie. While I'm pretty sure it won't score higher than a B when I review it, "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" was a funny comedy, and it sure had some pretty clever moments. So many people were there. Aside from Grace, Daf was there, Kaoko, Tsumenki, *jaded*, John, and even some High School friends like Ix and Reginald. Everyone enjoyed it, and I was basking in all the thanx from everyone... I suppose it made me smile that I managed to make a lot of people happy last night...

*A note to my LJ friends: there's a MARKEDLY different version of this post in there... it would help to check that instead, to fill in some blanks I deliberately left here.*

It almost makes up for the 300 bucks I lost in my room. Gee, I hope my siblings didn't steal it...

Anyways, the premiere had a lot of highlights, as there were quite a few rushers, and even Grace had to concede that Daf was prolly the best-looking Chinese girl I introduced to her... I wonder what Daf would have to say to that? I was seated with the OB people, and I was glad they enjoyed the film. Ix and company got tickets from me by pure chance. It could've happened that I never ran into them, and that would've meant they simply won't have tickets at all...

Today was also fine. Yes, Brad Turvey is a really nice guy when given the chance, but his lack of exposure to showbiz prevents him from being skin-deep with people. It seems he's a little too real as a person, and that's quite a predicament, if he's incapable of growing scales, as showbiz, REGARDLESS of whether it's in America, or Australia, or the Philippines, is, just like politics, a cutthroat profession. It seems he'll be going on another hiatus, and today was an extremely loaded episode. Evanessence had a phone interview, I was feeding answers to a contestant before he went on-air while Chico and Delle WERE on-air, I had a free spaghetti for today... And I actually got my first-ever Top 1 answer in the Hot 10. The topic was "Nicknames you give to your exes after breaking up." My answer? "Significant Udder". And then Bradley addressed the Pops Fernandez issue

I had this joke in mind, but I guess I can't say, because I'm not close enough with Bradley for him to hear it from me and take it with a grain of salt. This is especially because he'll be gone from RX for the rest of my stay there, which means we won't be talking anymore. I'd like to think that I have no reason to bash him, so I'd keep my mouth shut this time before I sing "My Stupid Mouth Again"...

Besides, the idea came from some of my RX co-workers, thanks to their insinuations...

Anyways, he was accused of having Pops as his Sugar Mommy. He countered by saying that he "Busted his behind" to get where he is. Now, I'll leave it at that, and I do believe he's telling the truth. Think what you will.

After that episode, I had some more fun sending in my guilty pleasure answer: that I like looking at Chinese girls, AND I'm working with two of them in RX. I assume you know who they are. Frannie remembered my code name, and knew it was me. My check didn't get encashed, either. Darn. My money will have to wait for tomorrow... bank actually closes at 3:00...

Later, in the Daily Survey, talk about Lengua abounded, and I was being quoted by Sir Louie and Danielle... "Marc agrees with me. Lengua is good. Lengua de Gato!" said Louie. "Marc, that doesn't count!" Said Danielle. That was funny... I wish I recorded it, though. My name's been mentioned quite a deal lately. Of course, I prefer Marcelle if I'm not yet that close to the person, though. I'm such an archivist. I even found my old diary, and it details my life circa 1997 or so...

I was talking with Carla and Ma'am Lea, and only today did they tell me that they already had boyfriends... as if that was so unbelievable. Heh. :laughs: Anyways, I had fun talking to the both of them, and Ma'am Charlie was trying to insinuate I have a thing for Ma'am Lea. I hope that's just a joke and not because she can read me a wee bit too well...

By the way, I, Carla, and Grace will hopefully watch Matrix 2 this Saturday...

P.S. How do you jabronis do that link where the person's LJ link is there instead of just a word? Like instead of simple MisterVader as a link, there's that LJ-exclusive label with MisterVader? Help on this one is duly appreciated...

No comments: