Saturday, May 07, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

This song should pretty much underscore how I feel right now... I'll write something about it in the near future, I guess.

Through The Fire
by Chaka Khan

I look in your eyes and I can see
We’ve loved so dangerously
You’re not trusting your heart to anyone
You tell me you’re gonna play it smart
We’re through before we start
But I believe that we’ve only just begun

When it’s this good, there’s no saying no
I want you so, I’m ready to go

Chorus:
Through the fire
To the limit, to the wall
For a chance to be with you
I’d gladly risk it all
Through the fire
Through whatever, come what may
For a chance at loving you
I’d take it all the way
Right down to the wire
Even through the fire

I know you’re afraid of what you feel
You still need time to heal
And I can help if you’ll only let me try
You touch me and something in me knew
What I could have with you
Well I’m not ready to kiss that dream goodbye

When it’s this sweet, there’s no saying no
I need you so, I’m ready to go

Chorus

Through the test of time

Chorus

Through the fire, to the limit
Through the fire, through whatever
Through the fire, to the limit
Through the fire, through whatever


.:For The Sake Of World Peace:.


Wala lang.



THIS PART OF THE POST COVERS 05 MAY, 2005.

.:Partying:.

It was Krisette's 26th birthday last Thursday, and while we were hoping for a lot of guests, only a few came along, mainly because it was done on short notice, and was a surprise party that was planned quite haphazardly. Nonetheless, everyone there still enjoyed it, although I understand why one of the guests couldn't possibly go.

The guest list was Kathy, Sacha, me, Krisette, Hrbs, Melai, and Jeff. We had KFC for food, and as Jeff was arriving late, and as Sacha still wanted chicken (As did I.), but she only ate the Original Recipe chicken, I did some Jedi mind trickery with Jeff when he arrived...

Marcelle: You ate already? But it's okay. You can have one piece of chicken.

Kathy: Take your pick. Sacha is banking on you taking one of them...

Jeff: Which one?

Marcelle: We won't tell you. Just know that if you take a certain piece, you'd make one person happy. If you took the other, you'd make two persons happy, because they can share the bigger one.

Kathy: That was pretty blunt. But either way, you make Marcelle happy!

Funny thing with the party was that we actually started the party with dessert, and so they had the ice cream that I bought, which was pretty good. They did like it, and it was funny when the spoon just sank into the melted ice cream... heh.

KFC delivery was slow, by the way. Nonetheless, I was so giddy throughout the night that I didn't really care. It took almost a full hour to get the chicken to the Chua residence, but it was all good. I did shriek a bit when I dropped the ice, though. Had to clear my throat and shriek with a more manly voice...

When we were done eating, we were just chomping on some chips while some of us drank beer and started singing. We sang songs from Sublime, The Beatles, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and a whole lot of other songs. We mainly went for songs that could be construed as stalker songs, and we had a fondness for “More Than A Woman” and “Your Song” for the obviously scary references they happen to make... Imagine being a guy on your honeymoon with your lovely wife, and you hear her sing to you...

I want you to know, I'm a man...

.:Snippets:.

I didn't really play up the gay innuendo that night, but you might say it was an undertone that did its job in freaking out Hrbs. Nonetheless, for some funny reason, Kathy and Krisette were talking about “future generations to come” when Patch, one of Kathy's pets, started putting his paws on Jeff's legs.

Marcelle: Careful, Patch. Don't bite off the generations to come.

That sure got a reaction...

Another one was when Jeff gave his present to Krisette, which were almond cakes.

Marcelle: Ano iyan? Albatross?

Apparently, it wasn't Albatross deodorizers... silly me. How was I to know?

One of the running jokes about Lucas is that he's black, and he has bling-bling. It gets really funny when you start cracking those “racist” jokes and try to point them in Lucas' direction. The humorous situations are just endless.

.:Reiteration:.

Just wanted to greet Krisette a belated happy birthday again. It's been great celebrating your birthday, and you've been a pretty good friend to me.

.:Whoah... I'm In A Comic Strip?:.

Jac decided to include me in her Comic Strip in her weblog, and I found it really funny. My thanks to Dominique for pointing it out to me, as I got to talk to him via Skype for a few seconds when I passed by the computer room to tell Sacha the chicken was ready to be eaten.

I love the comic strip. Thanks, Jac!


THIS PART OF THE POST COVERS 06 MAY, 2005.

.:Outing!:.

It was the WAVE 89.1 company outing yesterday, and I decided to cut my class for that day so I can go with them to Metro East Manila Resort, which was certainly a nice place despite not being so far away from us. It was practically the whole WAVE staff sans a few people, as well as the practicumers, who were awfully fun people as well.

The assembly time was supposedly at eight in the morning sharp. Lo and behold, I decided to go to RX and just check out how things are going on there with Chico, Delle, and Sarah (Almost all three of them were crying because of the Mother's Episode Hot 10 topic. It was surreal seeing them all that emotional... Boom was calling me Kel already.), and it turns out that by the time I left RX at
So there we were, and we got to the resort, and I didn't go for swimming just yet, as around 9:40, when I got back to WAVE (Pam asked where I came from. She guessed correctly from where... ;)), my partner, Gia, was still making a playlist. Yes, we left the station by a quarter past ten. Gia was ranting to me about one of our co-jocks though, who was being such a prima donna. Oh, well. I guess she should be used to that co-jock by now... there's no changing that person.

I found the sun to be too strong for my tastes, considering how I didn't have any sunblock on me.

.:Videokay:.

We had lunch then started having a videoke session. Gia started it off with Mandy Moore's “Only Hope”, then various songs like “Closer You And I”, “Love Of My Life”, “Rainbow” (Is that a payola? Sir Garry sang two straight South Border songs... heh.), and “Hopelessly Devoted To You”. Practically everyone sang, including sir Joe The Mango. I won a cool thousand bucks in the staff raffle, so I decided to sing “Gaya Ng Dati”. Later on, I tried to sing “Ice Ice Baby”, but the damned lyrics couldn't keep up with the actual song's speed, so I tried “Stupid Love” by Salbakuta instead as a rap song I could do without any problems. That was a riot as everyone sang along to the chorus... I then went for “Unwell”, and finally “Can't Lose You” by F4. Sir Joe found a lot of material to rib me about with my choices... heh.

I was still giddy as ever, for the most part. The office more or less knows about where I stand right now, and I'm pretty glad that I got to share it to them with no worries. This start for me and her could arguably even be rockier than the last start I had in a relationship, but hopefully, how I'm dealing with it could mitigate that fact.

By the time I left, sir Randy was putting “Closer You And I” on loop, which was funny...

.:I Finally Got To Swim:.

Last couple of outings I had in the last couple of years that involved swimming ended up with me staying landlocked... heh. This time, I decided to go swimming as the water seemed pretty warm enough, as well as the fact that they had a slide that was pretty high...

I was mostly hanging around with the practicumers, really. They were fun to talk to, and all that. Cute as one of them may have been, as I mentioned to George, I'm done with having “distractions” hanging around in my life. In any case, it was just simple fun, and I went back and forth with the slide for the most part...

By the end of the day, I didn't even get a tan, which was great, in my opinion. Jda followed directly to the outing, so it was great, as I put her up to speed with the crazy stuff that's been happening in my life...

All in all, it's been a lovely day, and I certainly enjoyed the company...

.:The Sent Series?:.

I'm hoping to regain the lost art of writing great letters for people that I actually send. Unlike the Unsent Series, the intention of the letter I'd write is for it to reach the person concerned. As the letter was so long and mushy, I'll just say I wrote it and sent it already... never mind the contents. =)

No comments: