Wednesday, May 25, 2005

.:Whoo!:.

So I did my boardwork, which was fun and all. I got to play quite a few good songs, although I did tick Pam off by joking at her while she was scrambling for a song before the TOH Jingle ended. While there, I was writing my reply letter on pomelo, so my efforts were divided between YM, the letter, and the boardwork. Heh.

Afterwards, I promptly headed off to Glorietta for the Sci Fi Convention, where I met a lot of people, including quite a few of the Calf Up people. Cathy D. was cosplaying as Slave Leia, and Cholo formerly from KCFM was hosting. It was a fun cosplay event, and Cathy brought home the bacon. Conspiciously present was the Doom Knight costume from UGG last Saturday, which now doubled as a Rancor costume. I promptly approached the cosplayer because of that. Heh.

In any case, we had dinner afterwards in the foodcourt, and we started talking about everything from taking the higher road to Mike Abundo@mikeabundo.blogspot.com to Hard Rock Cafe. Cathy and I had very similar mindsets, which I found pretty amusing, considering how we were dissing certain other cosplayers in the same way... heh.

In any case, it was all good. I'll try going into detail next time, but let this suffice for now...

Funny how both Windows and Mac crashed in UGG the other day, though. To think I endorsed Mac when the former crashed, only to have the latter crash, too. I should've endorsed Linux. Lol.

.:The Second Day:.

Yesterday was day 2 for the convention, and the emphasis was supposed to be taken away from Star Wars and instead placed on everything else. I got there around twelve thirty, just in time to see Ranulf perform some swordplay. So that's what they call it now...

I got to the Highlander booth where we all hang out, and Sacha and Dominique were there. It was very fun talking to the both of them, though I heard Dom is going back to Dumaguete today. I was particularly excited because Gyn was going to go to the convention around six in the evening, so I'd finally get to introduce her to my friends. While waiting for that, I had lunch with Dom, Sach, and some of Dom's relatives who were also I.T. experts. It was pizza at Shakey's, coupled with one of the most astounding ice cream creations you'll ever see...

Yep. That's how good I was with making the ice cream. I was about to go for a couple more layers if the waitress didn't shove a plate in front of me, effectively making me feel a wee bit guilty about over-indulging. Heh. Sacha cheated, though. She used a spoon to flatten the ice cream at around the third layer. We had six layers of ice cream sandwiched by toppings before and after each layer...

Afterwards, they headed back to the con while I went to Neutral Grounds to see what was going on. As nothing in particular was happening, I just went back to the convention where I ran into Elbert's Camy, whom I got to bond with along with Jac while talking about how to deal with certain problems I had. I guess I'm being too patient at my own risk here, but I really can't expect to do otherwise.

Sacha and Ranulf joined the Amazing Race competition in the convention, and the Neutral Grounds faction wanted me and Nick Ortega to represent them, but I politely declined as I wanted to wait for Gyn. After some miserable games of Tekken 5, I went back and had okoy from Latik, then freshened up again. Finally, Pomelo arrived.

.:The Cosplay Again:.

As this was a non-Star Wars cosplay, I was fairly interested to see the results. Apparently, the Witch King from Lord of the Rings took the prize. April and Robert got married (Not legally binding, obviously.) in an Elvish ceremony, and I was insisting Ranulf and I do the same. Hades, I even have a Star Wars-like picture with Ranulf...

Paulo, the guy who came as a Doom Knight in UGG and as a Rancor the other day for the Star Wars cosplay, came as a Troll for this day. Yes, he was still wearing the same ruddy costume. I'm actually tempted to look for pictures of him in all three days and have people spot the difference... lol.

Cathy claimed her prize for winning the cosplay yesterday and she got only a couple of shirts and a walkie talkie from Jollibee. The running question was what Robert Wong, the runner-up who came as General Grievous the other day, got, and what the second runner-up got. I mentioned that maybe Robert Wong got a box and one walkie talkie while the second runner-up just got the other walkie talkie...

In any case, afterwards, we went back to the booth to fix it up so we can all have dinner then watch Episode III. Amusingly enough, the Star Trek booth was showing a short film ala Action League where the Star Trek people were going up against a Call Center who would assimilate them...

.:Games Mania:.

After dinner at Tokyo Tokyo and conversations about how someone was trying to stir the pot against Jac, things got interesting over Dance Maniax. The only five people left to watch Episode III were me, Ron, Jac, Jonas, and Cathy. I had three runs at Dance Maniax, and one of them was on double mode. We then went back to Starbucks, where Ranulf was talking to Dom and Sacha, who went back for a while but weren't going to watch with us as they already watched the previous night in Gateway.

In any case, as Cathy was looking for something, we realized something...

Dom and Sach. Jac and Jonas. Ranulf and Marcelle. Spot the difference.

That freaked Ranulf out...

No comments: