Monday, May 23, 2005

.:In Place Of An LSS:.

Here's a nice thing I read...

One Flaw In Women

By the time the Lord made woman,
He was into his sixth day of working overtime.

An angel appeared and said,
"Why are you spending so much time on this one?"
And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her?

She has to be completely washable, but not plastic,
have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable
and able to run on diet coke and leftovers,
have a lap that can hold four children at one time,
have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart

-and she will do everything
with only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements.
"Only two hands!? No way!
And that's just on the standard model?
That's too much work for one day.
Wait until tomorrow to finish."

But I won't," the Lord protested.
"I am so close to finishing this creation that is so
close to my own heart.
She already heals herself when she is sick
AND can work 18 hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman.

"But you have made her so soft, Lord."

"She is soft," the Lord agreed,
"but I have also made her tough.
You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel.

The Lord replied,
"Not only will she be able to think,
she will be able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something,
and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek.
"Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model.
I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak,"
the Lord corrected,
"that's a tear!"
"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.

The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love, her loneliness, her grief and her pride."

The angel was impressed.
"You are a genius, Lord.
You thought of everything!
Woman is truly amazing."

And she is!

Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens,
but they hold happiness,
love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy
and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer
when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel
and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about
a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They grieve at the loss of a family member,
yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.

They know that a hug and a kiss
can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.

They bring joy, hope and love.
They have compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have vital things to say and everything to give.
HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,
IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.


.:Iron Man:.

I woke up around five or so in the morning to get to work with Gia on our show, and it was a pretty good run for the both of us. Of course, I was a bit off due to sheer exhaustion, but it wasn't so bad for the most part.

After the boardwork, I then took a cab to go to Greenbelt and emcee the U Got Game Pro event in the Expo Exchange. It was a reunion of sorts for the geeks and beyond, what with Dom, Sean, Ranulf, Jill, Sacha, Diane, Clair, Dang, JM, Mario, Jac, Jonas, Zeus, Eric, Charles, among other people. I even ran into one of my grade school friends, Sarah Jane Jervoso, and it was pretty amusing how small a world it really is, when Shunichi showed up and he actually knew JM. Yep, Shunichi's real name is JM, too. Heh.

Anyways, I was doing the regular hosting stuff, but I tried to inject a bit of humor here and there. There were some amazing cosplayers, although I'm sure someone would provide pictures for those. Sacha cosplayed herself from Away Agila, although she, JM, and Clair didn't quite make it to registration. No big deal. Roch was also there, handling a lot of stuff. It was a high-stress environment, but we all had fun for the most part, and when awards were being given out, I found it funny that the cash prizes were going to be delayed by a month. So when I got on the mic, I promptly told them the program was going to continue after one month's time. Lol.

Nonetheless, it was a pretty good event, really. The video games being demoed weren't too shabby, and a lot of buzz went into the Republika and Away Agila games. Poor Ranulf was visibly stressed running back and forth just to make the event work. It wouldn't have been half as successful without him practically overseeing the entire event.

It was fun, really. I was having amusing conversations with Sacha, Mario, and Clair, and all that hugging going on was enjoyable as well. While Clair and Sach and I were in a group hug, I called on Ranulf to join in, and he promptly refused. The look on his face was priceless. And then, I showed them a letter I got recently. A letter that certainly made me smile quite a bit.

Dom left after a while, as he had something to attend to. Didn't see him until later that evening, and he was visibly ticked off...

.:More Spindizzy:.

I had a spinning gig in Alabang at 8:00 that day, so I left UGG around 7:30 to meet up with Paulino, one of Kathy's friends. We had an interesting conversation on the road, although what I realized was that he was one amazing spinner, as he can practically do the behind the back weave already, which was just plain impressive. We had pretty amusing banter for our performance in the party, which was an Indian-themed party by the Alabang International Community or something to that effect, and the line “Yes, he's better than me!” cracked the audience up when Paulino was spinning after my turn.

Nonetheless, afterwards, we saw some belly dancing, although the girls didn't seem too pleased about what was going on and all. In any case, Paulino was somewhat gawking at them, but I wasn't too interested and was after the food, really. The food was good, but the desert was just plain splendid. There was some pudding that tasted like Leche Flan with a hint of Mango... simply divine. Paulino kept on wondering what my odds were with various girls, though, including but not limited to Kathy. That was surreal.

Got a call from an old friend, though. What we talked about kind of took me aback. I guess I owe her an apology for being a huggy person and all. I'm just glad that's the only part of our friendship that needs working on... I guess it's all good, really.

.:The Return:.

Afterwards, on the way back to Greenbelt, I ran into Dominique, who was on the way to attend to Ranulf, who was particularly exhausted after all that. I could commiserate with him, considering I was doing work all day long, and I was about to go and playtest in Metrowalk with Team TX from the 7th Realms. Anyways, after hitching a ride with Sean to Crossing, I said my goodbyes to everyone, and hoping Clair would enjoy the donut I gave her, as she seemed a bit down in the dumps lately. I tried playing “Heaven I Need A Hug” by R Kelly for her that morning but only got to do it for her come Sunday.

I sure missed my friends... glad to have seen them all again.

.:Playtest:.

I finally knew how it feels to be dealing with a fully powered deck. It was really amazing how it turned out. I was doing turn 2 and turn 3 kills with Doomsday without any hitches, but that was just because Carlo, one of the guys I play Magic with, wanted to see how my deck would run if it were fully powered.

I was playing against Control Slaver (Carlo) and Goblins (JT). Pretty innovative goblin deck from JT, really. In any case, we were talking about a lot of things, and they were considering getting me to join Team TX, which is a good thing, truth be told. They then talked about pomelo and how it was simply a superior fruit and all (::winks::)... heck, Carlo even made a brilliant (::double wink::) comparison a few moments later, and simply said pomelo was just that bloody superior even to something as brilliant... true, true.

Had a couple of rounds of billiards before I headed to the station where I caught a short nap and went straight to boardwork AGAIN. Yep. Iron man, indeed.

.:What Happened On Sunday:.

So I did my boardwork, then I had lunch, and headed out to Avenida to look for Ong Bak, The Classic, and My Little Bride. Fond a few other DVD's, but I have to have at least three of them replaced... in any case, it was all good until I decided to be stupid and call up someone about finding “Wet Dreams” (A Korean film.). The person promptly bit off my head for it, indicating that the hostilities are far from over.

I'll just address it now to make sure it's clear to a dear friend who asked me...

Yes, I'm happy. Very happy.

No, it's not because you're not part of my life anymore.

Yes, it's because she is.

I take no pleasure from you not being a part of my life, so don't confuse those two very different things.

No comments: