Saturday, May 28, 2005

.:You Learn Something New Everyday:.

No need for an LSS for today. I think this little website I found should suffice...

Quoting The Law Professor:

Under Article 353 of the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines, libel is defined as a public and malicious imputation of a crime, or of a vice or defect, real or imaginary, or any act, omission, condition, status or circumstance tending to discredit or cause the dishonor or contempt of a natural or juridical person, or to blacken the memory of one who is dead. Thus, the elements of libel are: (a) imputation of a discreditable act or condition to another; (b) publication of the imputation; (c) identity of the person defamed; and, (d) existence of malice.



Wow. You really learn something new everyday...

.:Waveback Rules!:.

So there I was, doing Waveback Wednesday on my own as Gia is taking over for George for the next couple of days. It was a while since I last got to be the one in control on a Waveback Wednesday, so I certainly made the most out of it, as I got to play songs like “Never Let Her Slip Away”, “What Might Have Been”, and “Get Here”. As Clair was feeling rather under the weather, I suppose the last song should've helped raise her spirits a bit. Had a nice phone conversation with her (#9), and all things considered, we had our last live conversation (#10) last UGG, and our last YM conversation (#56) sometime last week. Pretty amusing how I keep track, really. Even if the count may be off by one or two each, it's not such a big deal.

In any case, we had conversations about a lot of different topics, but in the end, I still feel just a little saddened that after all has been said and done, a resolution between me and a certain someone still hasn't arrived, despite the fact that both sides have valid reasons for everything, contrary to what people who love exercising by jumping to conclusions happen to believe. I'd sooner slam the people who talk without knowing what's really going on than put down the person I'm supposedly having problems with.

After my show, I then headed straight to Glorietta to do a bit of playtesting with Mondu for some tournaments. In any case, I'm glad to have seen how White Weenie works. Really scary deck, when given the chance to shine. It's just that powerful against a powered meta.

.:Friday Madness:.

I thought I was okay from my flu already so I headed off to the Chua residence to meet Kathy, Mario, Peppy, and Sacha. Mario was in Glorietta, but the rest were at the residence. I was the earliest one there, and I met up with Sach to point out to her something interesting going on with LJ. I'm glad she gave me a very sound opinion on the matter. I guess I'll just let sleeping dogs lie for now.

So there I was at Sacha's house, and we were bonding, talking about how relationships go, how breaking hearts is never easy, how missing people is no walk in the park. I guess her six months in Japan changed her mindset quite a bit. I'm thankful to still have a best friend left, after that tempest...

After a while, Kathy showed up and started lamenting how much she wanted to watch “Madagascar”. That being said, the three of us first went down to watch “The Classic”, which was one of the DVD's I brought that day. We really liked the film. Very riveting storytelling that was a bit long, but really got the point across.

After staying a while longer, Peppy finally arrived, and plans of watching “Madagascar” were being made already. It was all good, save for the fact that my fever was acting up again, but “Madagascar” sounded like a really fun film...

So now I suddenly owe three film reviews. Okay. We'll work on that in a while...

Anyways, we got there in record time with Peppy taking note of bloggable quotes, while I only got a hold of a few ones. Since Sach and Kathy arrived late in the cinema, we had to do some moving around in the middle of the film to get most everyone together. Sach, being a Linux user, was gushing over the penguins. I was laughing my head off over the line by the lemur king, “What's a little biting of butts among friends? Here. Give me a little nibble.”

After the film, we ended up eating at Burger King, and I was having some suman courtesy of Clair, who was with Mario before heading on home. Very sweet of her. My thanks for that. In any case, we then went back to the Chua residence as Peppy's car was parked there, and this dialogue occurred...

Kathy: So how much is the spare P3, Peppy?

Peppy: Well, since it doesn't have a hard drive and whatnot... six thousand?

Kathy: Oh, shoot.

Marcelle: How much would a night with her take from the price tag, Peppy? Oh, right. She has to add three thousand more...

Kathy: ::stops the car:: Get down, Marcelle!

Mental note: never insult the driver. Lol.

Save for the recurrence of my illness, it was all good, I guess.

No comments: