Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The 14th...

.:You Might Be Amused To Find Out...:.

... That my magic has found its way onto video again. Here, you will find me doing my De'Ring routine, followed by Bill Goldman's Free Chance, topped off by Sean Beard's Kaos. Pretty nice lineup that quickly gets to the point.

On the other side of the window, the Chinese guy seated there shares the same name as my spectator who signed the card. Seriously, could that have been any better?

Much thanks to Drac Cigam of The Story Circle for this! You rock!



.:The Plot Thickens:.

Jasmine now wants to find out about how Travis and Camille got to know each other. Will she find out that Camille stole her identity after all these years?

I'll find out tomorrow. Hehe.

.:Shameless Product Placement!:.

By default, I end up catching "Maging Sino Ka Man" after "Sana Maulit Muli", and boy, this episode was shameless!

So Chin-Chin Gutierrez was having a headache while talking to John Lloyd, and she was asking for food. After some time...

John Lloyd: O. Paracetamol.

Chin-Chin: Hindi ka ba nag-iisip? Walang laman ang tiyan ko!

John Lloyd: Safe iyan, kahit gutom ka pa.

Chin-Chin: Thanks. This is just what I wanted.

.:Princess Hours...:.

... is growing on me. I think I like the characters, although I think both lead males are too girly-looking for my tastes. The double entendre-laden "honeymoon" episodes are a million and one laughs.

.:Thanking My Lucky Stars...:.

This was a year that I thought I'd be spending Valentine's day without somebody special, but lo and behold, my Beloved and I found each other.

But I really don't want to go talk about this at length at the moment. We tend to have our rough spots every now and then, but we always find ways. Lately, we haven't been able to give each other our best, but we work on fixing that, because for once, I can say that as much as she's worth the effort, so am I. I don't say that too often but she has made me believe it.

It's Single Awareness Day and I simply don't find the need to write anything particularly sappy or particularly melodramatic. Even then, I'm very happy to say that my Beloved is my Valentine. There are a lot of hurdles, a lot of speed bumps along the way, but now, I know I'm not in this alone. We'll work through it all together.

.:Single Awareness Day Is Upon Us...:.

I'm hoping the promo Gia and I ran would go well. Hehehe. I'm still clueless at the moment as to what kind of gesture I can give my Beloved.

Lots of things to consider on February 14, and considering how cynical I've always been, I can't believe I'm like this despite being burned so many times already.

It's either I never learn, or quite simply, I still believe in love.

There's really a lot of ground to cover for tomorrow, and as much as I'd want to go over another Lyrically Speaking Scribbles, but I guess I just have to find the perfect song to go over.

Here's hoping for a great day ahead.

6 comments:

jactinglim said...

happy valentines to you and yours ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay. So it took the video about an hour to completely load (yours truly is only on dial-up), but I forgive you. :) That was totally awesome!!! Grrr ka! As in grrrrr! Kahit hindi ko kaya yung rrrr! Haha! I hate you even more! =p

Oh, you know soap operas, and even movies. Kulang na lang, sabihin nung characters yung products and that's all there is to it. ^_^ (Think iRobot, which reeked of Converse)

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your Beloved (yes, yes, I noticed that). :)

Kel Fabie said...

Jac: Thanks!

Shari: I'm glad you liked the video. Don't worry. I can't say "grrrr" either. I just hiss like a cat.

I was half-expecting John Lloyd to say it was Biogesic. Hahahaha.

Thanks for the greetings. I'm not seeing her today, though.

Anonymous said...

Nice editing on the vid. :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice to see you on video and performing in english! :)

I really like the routine but have some points:

- Although I appreciated the De'Ring routine I do not think it created much of a magical feeling on the spectators. As you said yourself its skill, I think this would fit more in a more performance-only kind of style (maybe even without words) with no audience participation
- The second effect is a prediction. Did you mention this at the beginning? Also does this mentalismnish effect fit your loose and casual style of performing? Maybe something for you to think about.
- The third and closer effect is perfect. Well performed, especially with showing the hands empty. I do however am concerned on how it would look from the spectators behind the glass. I do not own Kaos at the moment so I really don't know...

All in all very nice and thanks again for posting this up!

Kel Fabie said...

Jonas: It was a TSC member named Drac Cigam who did the editing.

Raenius: Thanks for the comments. My normal routine actually has the mentalism as a closer after a series of skill/hand speed demonstrations to show them that not only can I do a lot with my hands, but with my mind as well.

While I've tried Kaos several times, this is the first time I got it to work that well. The people from behind were fellow magicians (Who helped me with audience management.), although with the right blocking, Kaos isn't angle-sensitive at all, even from my side.

Thanks again for the comments! I really appreciate hearing feedback as it helps me a lot.