Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Whole New Level...

.:A Healthy Development...:.

My Beloved and I went out last Monday. We watched "The Number 23", and really just spent most of the day bonding with each other.

It's unbelievable, knowing that in about fifteen minutes, we would already have been together for two months. I still can't believe how I ended up with her, knowing full well that I've liked her for as long as I've known her, and I've known her since fourth year college, a distant three years ago.

We've gone through a lot of rough spots. This relationship has been anything but smooth-sailing, yet we somehow find ways to remind each other that despite the problems, we do love each other, and what we need to keep us together is a lot of patience. Without patience, we simply won't be able to stand the test of time, and be it times I'd feel insecure about other guys, or times she'd feel worried when I have a case of the ex, we work through it with each other. I know for a fact that I love her with all my heart and I don't feel this way about anyone else at all.

Yet what I feel is the strongest sign that this relationship has the ingredients to last is the fact that I found it perfectly natural to ask her to pray with me. Over the phone, before we sleep, we'd just pray. Nothing earth-shattering, nothing life-changing, but one of those little things you do with someone special that make you feel it's really going to last. What's funny is that we don't even have the same religion, and yet, both of us realize that we pray in the same way, and we're both more spiritual than religious.

I feel good about this because it's a barrier we managed to cross. We're at ease with each other to a point where we can share a moment of prayer with each other. It's important because when all has been said and done, it was through Him that I found my Beloved, and I can never thank Him enough for that.

No comments: