Friday, February 23, 2007

Happenings...

.:Grab Your Bowls!:.

I don't know with you, but I was particularly disturbed by the latest commercial by Honey Stars, where the mascot implores all the kids to “grab your bowls”.

There's just something really silly about bad enunciation at a word as critical as “bowls” when you're being asked to “grab” them.

No, I can't get my mind out of the gutter at the moment. But can you freaking blame me? =P

.:Kapag May Hope, May Pag-Asa...:.

This is the campaign slogan of Senatoriable Panfilo Lacson, and I can't help but scratch my head. How in heaven's name did they come up with this idiotic line?

Siyempre, may pag-asa kapag may hope. They're the same freaking thing!

Yeesh.

.:Pinoy Big Brother Season 2... And Prime Time Philippine TV In General...:.

It's coming. I've always been ambivalent when it comes to this reality show, but I guess people are bound to take notice of it again. People are talking about it as early as now, and ABS-CBN was smart in not saturating the market with PBB after three successive seasons.

Good on them, I say. I'm glad that Philippine television has been uplifting itself slowly, albeit I can't say the same for Channel 7's primetime lineup as of late. While I still have a lot of misgivings with the noontime shows and the game shows we have, there's just brilliant writing going around for the most part lately. Even my opinion of “Maging Sino Ka Man” has slowly been changing, as I can see John Lloyd's character with healthy tinges of grey, making him less and less of a cookie-cutter oppressed hero character.

.:I Want To Say Something... The Sent Series, Part II:.

To My Beloved,

Really, it's not easy trying to hide how much you mean to me. The only reason I can't say your name every single chance I get on this blog is so I can protect you from your parents finding out about us.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't find creative ways to say it out loud. Like right now.

With all my heart, I love you. I'm proud of you. I really am. I want to shout out to the world that I am yours. I want them to know that it's you and not anyone else, and I hope that through this, I can make it clear for all to see... if they look closely enough.

Even though I'm far from perfect for you, I want to be right for you. In so many ways, I want to be better for you. From changing my temperament to making it a point to show you that there is nobody, absolutely nobody else in my heart, I want you to realize that I am worth your love. And I am grateful that you do love me.

Never in my life have I felt this way about someone. Never. It's easy to say that I've never loved someone in this way or that way, but it's not easy to say that I've ever loved someone this much. My heart longs to find ways to make you happy. I am after your happiness, and all I know is that you deserve nothing but the best from me.

All this time we've known each other, who would've thought it possible? We've known each other and never in my wildest dreams did I think that there's a chance for you and I. All this time, I was scared that you and I were far from compatible because you seemed to live at a different pace than I did. I was glad to be proved wrong.

I am so proud of you. I am so proud to have someone as wonderful as you in my life. I don't need to compare you to my standards or my ideals. You are the standard. You are the ideal. My only wish is that in my own little way, in how I carry myself and how I attempt to change myself for the better, I can make you proud of me as well. Are you? Were you ever?

Let's face it: there will always be hurdles. I understand that. What makes this worth it despite the hurdles is simply the fact that you and I have been willing to find ways to make things better. It takes two to tango, and I am glad that I found you. Thank you for not giving up on us despite all the problems we've gone through.

One thing people need to know about you, my Beloved, is that you are to me my once in a lifetime. I leave myself vulnerable and at your mercy, and I implore to you as I have always implored... my heart is yours. Please be careful with it.

Valentine's day has come and gone, and yet I remember what you told me... that we don't need a special day to remind each other how much we love each other. Thank you for making every single day a Valentine's day. Thank you for reminding me how love can change our world.

Every now and then, I worry about us. It's difficult to ignore the problems around us, but I want my love for you to transcend words and romantic gestures. I want my love for you to permeate every facet of our relationship. I long for you to recognize it without a shadow of doubt. I know it's not easy for you to give your trust to me because you're afraid to be hurt. I know you've never had your heart broken, and I don't intend to be the one to do that.

You make me feel special. You make me feel loved and cherished. Without resorting to sheer flattery, you make it very apparent to me when I am doing right by you. What makes me have a very high amount of respect for you is that you don't let me walk all over you, but at the same time, you don't take it as an excuse to walk all over me.

Out of all the people in the world, you and I found each other. Thank you for being my Beloved, my cherished friend, and my cause for joy. I'll never find another person quite like you, and I am grateful I managed to even this once.

Ultimately, I can only say one thing: I love you. In so many ways I can't quite explain, you fill all my senses and bring the color back into my life. I love you so much, and if people can't tell who you are after this, then nothing will. ;)

Lovingly Yours,
Marcelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get it at first...Oh you! You're thinking too much! Quit it! :p