Friday, April 16, 2004

.:Explosive Questions:.

The Morning Rush yesterday was rife with classic moments. The topic at hand that day was, “The Top 10 Explosive Questions”. Debates ensued about stuff like how the Bible could account for the dinosaurs (It couldn't. Its writers were literary writers, not paleontologists.), to whether one is to scrunch or fold his toilet paper (Brad was extolling the virtues of scrunching to me off the air when I got there.). Brad's friend, Matt (Whose family name, according to Chico, is “Amboc”.), was also there...

While Chico was out at the start of one of the Hot 10's, Brad tried to imitate him by holding his nose and making his voice more high-pitched. Chico got there, and then retaliated by imitating Goofy and saying that he's Brad, and he's from Australia... funny stuff.

Here's some of the interesting dialogue...

Chico: At number 3, from No Name- “How many one-night stands have you had?”

Brad: Nice question. After all, 98% of all people who have had some already also have tried one-night stands. The other 2% are liars.

Delamar: But I didn't have one-night... oh, wait!

The horse's mouth, indeed, neh, Delle?

And then there was the one where Chico had to do a Touchmobile tag for a song over the intro...

Delamar: *off the air* Chico... the Touchmobile tag.

Chico: *on the air, with no script in hand* Laaa... aaa... rraaa...

Brad: *off the air* Nine years in radio, and all you can come up with is “Laaa, aaa, rraaa”?

As if Delle getting caught by her own words weren't enough, Chico had to do more of the same. Do remember that he has an S.O. right now, so...

Brad: How about you, Chico? How would you answer that? If you had the chance to cheat on your S.O., and nobody would ever know, and you'd do it only once, would you?

Chico: Ideally, I wouldn't, but realistically, maybe.

Brad: And nobody's listening to us say that, right?

The way Chico's eyes widened over the shock of having said that on the air, knowing his S.O. is most likely listening, was priceless. His eyes must've widened to twice their usual size at that point...

.:Now We Know:.

I finally know why I was under the weather this past week...

I had amebiasis, but I have no idea where I got it from. In any case, I already went to the hospital for it, and I got treated for it... but I need to take some medicine for a week. Thing is, Grace accompanied me to it, after we watched “The Passion Of The Christ” (Movie review in a separate post.). I owe Grace big time. She was keeping me company throughout the three hours I was there in the Lourdes E.R. She was her usual bubbly self, telling me stories left and right, but then there was a point where she was really ribbing me by not answering any of my questions when I was asking her some...

Marcelle: Ano ba talaga yung hitsura nung bago ng kuya mo? (Exactly how does the new [girlfriend] of your [elder] brother look like?)

Grace: May hitsura naman, hindi mo lang alam kung maganda o masama yung hitsura... (She has some looks, you just don't know if it's good or bad looks...)

Marcelle: Eh?

Grace: So there.

Marcelle: Grace, eto limang piso. (Grace, here's five pesos.

Grace: Bakit? (Why?)

Marcelle: Bumili ka nga ng makakausap mo! (Go buy yourself someone to talk to!)

But seriously, I'm grateful to Grace for being around me. As usual, “saved by Grace”...

.:Last Night's On-Air Foray:.

I'll talk about it some other time, bundled with my review of “The Passion Of The Christ”, as the on-air bit was about the Passion...

No comments: