Friday, April 15, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

I know I had a better song in my mind, but this one stuck to my head at the last moment...

Against All Odds
by Phil Collins

How can I just let you walk away,
just let you leave without a trace
When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh
You're the only one who really knew me at all

How can you just walk away from me,
when all I can do is watch you leave
Cos we've shared the laughter and the pain,
and even shared the tears
You're the only one who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now,
'cos there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me,
just the memory of your face
Take a look at me now,
'cos there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me
is against all odds and that's what I've got to face

I wish I could just make you turn around,
turn around and see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you,
so many reasons why
You're the only one who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now,
'cos there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me,
just the memory of your face
Take a look at me now,
'cos there's just an empty space
But to wait for you,
well that's all I can do and that's what I've got to face
Take a good look at me now,
'cos I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
That's the chance I've got to take, oh, oho

Just take a look at me now


.:Will Be Gone For The Weekend:.

Going to Subic with Ranulf, Sacha, and some other friends, I guess. Off to support her as she vies for the Slimmers World Body Beautiful competition.

Yes, I’ll be there mainly to bond with people and hopefully do some more work like testing stuff on my laptop. But of course, the most important job is giving imm… err… moral support to Jac, and of course… scout the… ahem… competition.

It’s a tough job, but somebody’s gotta do it.

.:Off. Way Off:.

Other than an article or two, I think my blogging has been relatively shorter as of late.

I think this has less to do with a decline of a desire to write than it has to do with the fact that nothing too noteworthy happens to me in my life when I'm just stuck at home. Nonetheless, as the schoolyear has just begun, I guess there's the answer there. I'm fairly happy where I am for the most part.

If it's any consolation, once I'm in the groove of all things Philosophy once again, then I suppose I can simply get on with my life and blog a lot again... I just have to settle a few things here and there, I suppose.

.:Whoah…:.

Silly me. Francis walks into Hobby Haven while I’m playing…

Marcelle: Yo, Francis. When do classes begin?

Francis: Uhh… today WAS the first day of classes…

Marcelle: Yay. I was absent on my first day.

I am sooooo absent-minded, I ought to be a professor in no time!

.:Rebonding:.

Been a while since I last managed to bond with Jason, so I guess last night was really a great time as I just talked with him, Flip, and Vic, about everything from L5R to issues with liking someone who's pure Chinese. I guess I'm not alone when it comes to those situations... oh, well.

Nonetheless, I just went to the store after paying my tuition, and it was very interesting how our conversations went, as it was pretty clear that things were hurly-burly for most of us, but it's still fun, in spite of all the busyness. I'm particularly glad that I managed to even find the time to talk with these guys again and play L5R after not having touched my L5R deck for the longest time... I guess that's really great...

In any case, we ate at Chiggy's... correction: Vic and I ate while Jason and Flip had beer. I was too destitute to care about beer... heh. Still, talking to these guys made me realize that though I'm not overtly close to them, they're still people I can count on to some extent in a pinch, if only to have people hear me out and tell me quite bluntly what they think about my situation. For that, I appreciate their company all the same.

On the way home, I ran into an old high school classmate of mine, but that wasn't all too significant, anyways...

.:Fr. Ferriols Teaches Kierkegaard:.

So he’s back, he looks a lot healthier, and it was really fun having him as a teacher again. In any case, I really think this sem is going to turn out well.

I mean, he was talking about this seducer guy who just tries and score with chicks for kicks in his life… younger ones, to be exact. Hopefully, he’s not a teacher, or the M.O. will be a bit too rehashed when ATM pulls it off… if you know what I mean. :P

No comments: