Tuesday, April 12, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

It should be painfully obvious why this is my song.

Right Here Waiting
by Richard Marx

Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn't stop the pain

If I see you next to never
How can we say forever

Chorus:
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I took for granted, all the times
That I though would last somehow
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears
But I can't get near you now

Oh, can't you see it baby
You've got me goin' Crazy

(Chorus)

I wonder how we can survive
This romance
But in the end if I'm with you
I'll take the chance

Oh, can't you see it baby
You've got me goin' crazy

(Chorus)


.:Amusing As Heck:.

I won't have sore throat for the next five years... (How I wish I had a camera to show the evidence!)

... I was just handed a pretty huge gift pack from Strepsils. Pretty amusing how that turned out, really.

.:Enrollment:.

I hope I can afford the tuition... looks like I can, but we'll see how it turns out.

.:Film Review: My Little Bride:.

As usual, SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My Little Bride
I'd like one, too...

The Korean romantic comedy genre never ceases to amaze me with how many ways they can spin the classic girl-meets-boy story and still make a masterpiece out of it.

That being said, “My Little Bride” gives us the unusual odd couple in Sungmin and Beoun, whose close families have made them practically older brother and younger sister to each other all their lives. Because their grandfather thought he was dying, he asked as a dying wish that the two be married, despite the fact that Beoun is only 16 and still a freshman in high school. Hilarity ensues as they get married and Beoun skips out on their honeymoon, while Sungmin spends his “honeymoon” all on his own.

Married life without any room for grandchildren is naturally quite frustrating for Sungmin, although he somehow takes it in stride. Meanwhile, Beoun ends up having a boyfriend. The funny thing is that the guy, Jungwoo, asked Beoun if she had a boyfriend, and she naturally said no. Of course she doesn't have a boyfriend! She has a husband! =P

Beoun and Sungmin slowly begin to get along better as time passes by, and it becomes amusing all the more when Sungmin becomes an intern at Beoun's high school, and still manages to keep his cool around Beoun despite his knowledge about Beoun's boyfriend. While teaching in their class, when asked about his first love, Sungmin talks about a girl who went to his camp while he was sick and on military duty despite the fact that they never met and she never knew about his feelings. Beoun thinks it was probably Jisoo, Sungmin's senior officer.

When all these secrets come to a head, and Beoun's (uber-cute) best friend feels very envious about Beoun having both a husband and a boyfriend, things turn to the slight melodrama, but not so drastically. The light-heartedness of Beoun's wide-eyed innocence and the naughty but contained wordliness of Sungmin play off each other very well here. There are really just some moments where you really get carried away in the moment while watching...

The moment Beoun's teacher finds out that Sungmin is married to Beoun, she picks on Beoun and asks her to decorate an entire hallway. Beoun tries to do it alone, but can't. Her best friend helps her out, but it doesn't look quite good. Behind her back, Sungmin and his friends work on the hallway every night, which explained why he always arrived late. Beoun then discovers that the girl Sungmin was talking about with the class was actually her, as she realized she went to the camp once while he was sick. All this time, while we feel annoyed about how lecherous and all Sungmin can get, he already had a heart of gold that really showed. He was a big brother to Beoun before he became her husband, after all.

Finally, at the school festival, when prompted by one of the annoying girls in the school, Sungmin reveals his secret marriage with Beoun, who was already falling in love with him. The school was witness to what, in my opinion, was a wonderful speech from Sungmin. It really hit a nerve with me...

Oh, technically, Sungmin became Beoun's teacher. Not that it should imply anything...

In any case, this was a movie that you really should watch on a date. It just really makes you feel good afterwards, and is simply a treat. I loved the movie from beginning to end, and can't quite find anything to complain about. I really recommend anyone who likes romantic films to watch this. It just tugs at the hearstrings.

I'm still giddy over the film... watch it! Both Beoun and her best friend are soooooooo cute! I mean, if you saw Beoun in her uber-white wedding gown, you'd see how fair her complexion is, as she practically blends in with her gown!!!

“Fun” Evaluation: A+
“Critical” Evaluation: A+

No comments: