Thursday, April 28, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

No introductions needed.

Let Me Be The One
by Jimmy Bondoc

Somebody told me you were leavin’
I didn’t know
Somebody told me you’re unhappy
But it doesn’t show
Somebody told me that you don’t want me no more
So you’re walkin’ out the door
Nobody told me you’ve been cryin’
Every night
Nobody told me you’d been dyin’
But didn’t want to fight
Nobody told me that you fell out of love from me
So I’m settin’ you free

Refrain:
Let me be the one to break it up
So you won’t have to make excuses
We don’t need to find a set up where
Someone wins and someone loses
We just have to say our love was true
But has now become a lie
So I’m tellin’ you I love you one last time
And goodbye

Somebody told me you still loved me
Don’t know why
Nobody told me that you only
Needed time to fly
Somebody told me that you want to come back when
Our love is real again

(Refrain)

Just turn around and walk away
You don’t have to live like this
But if you love me still then stay
Don’t keep me waiting for that final kiss
We can work together through this test
Or we can work through it apart
I just need to get this off my chest
That you will always have my heart

(Refrain)


.:Moving On Does Not Mean Leaving Behind:.

I guess this is all I really could say.

Moving on does not mean leaving you behind.

I want you to be happy. I miss who we were when we were together. But now, we have to move beyond that.

I wish you all the best things in life.

This isn't goodbye. This is only a new beginning.

.:Mediators:.

Conducted a pretty interesting interview with Ms. Belle Abaya, a mediator, yesterday. It was really interesting how that turned out, I suppose. You'll see the article when I'm done with it, but it was really a very fun bit of work to do.

I just wish writing it out was as fun as conducting the interview itself. My head hurts right now. Feel pretty dizzy and all… oh, well.

.:Numba 50!:.

Just wanted to say Clair and I have had a total of 50 conversations as of yesterday over YM. It was fun, to say the least, to keep track of how many we’ve had. Only goes to show how much of an effort the both of us have made to bond whenever we have the chance, even if just online.

Thanks, Clair! I really appreciated it all…

.:Constantine Constantius And The Unnamed Youth:.

In “Repetition” by Soren Kierkegaard, the lead character, Constantine Constantius, befriends an unnamed youth who is courting a woman yet has already, by virtue of his powerful imagination, envisioned the entirety of the relationship. Similarly, the woman had awakened in him a sense of poetry, one that he knows he cannot help but be thankful to the woman for.

The youth wants to cease with the courtship, and turns to Constantine for advice. Constantine tells the young man to be creative in dropping the lady by staging an elaborate ruse that would end up with the girl herself ending the courtship. The young man agreed to this elaborate ruse.

On the day they were supposed to carry this plan out, the young man never showed up.

Why not?

Constantine Constantius, by his actions, was an aesthetical man, who concerned himself less with the true meaning of life than with what he can do to make his life more interesting. As an observer of people, he likewise hopes to find people to observe who also would have interesting experiences in life as well.

The youth was an ethical man. He felt strongly about the woman, but letting go was not just a whim for him. Insofar as he did see that perhaps the relationship would not go anywhere from that point, he still realized that making an elaborate ruse to end their blooming relationship was not the way to go. Constantine could not quite understand why the youth did not follow the plan, but it was clear why he didn’t.

The young man had a conscience. Constantine, on the other hand, saw no problem with using the lady as merely a means to an end: the satisfaction of companionship, and the awakening of a poetic soul. Because these reasons have been exhausted, the reason for the relationship ceased to stand, as far as Constantine was concerned.

Clearly, this is not true.

The young man considered letting go. It wasn’t just an easy act for him. He didn’t just assume that the woman, having exhausted her usefulness to him, was just going to be dropped like a hot potato. His consideration of the woman was ethical, and at times, even spiritual to a point. That being said, he only proves my point, that letting go of someone should not be just a whim or an act of caprice. Most especially when you’re letting go of someone who still means so much to you.

It’s not as easy as people make it out to be. In a world of casual relationships with meaningless endings to stories, there are still people who believe in the old-fashioned value of loving someone, of finding someone who’d be a witness to your otherwise meaningless life.

No comments: