Monday, July 25, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

Ordinary People
by John Legend

Girl im in love with you
This ain't the honeymoon
Past the infatuation phase
Right in the thick of love
At times we get sick of love
It seems like we argue everyday

I know i misbehaved
And you made your mistakes
And we both still got room left to grow
And though love sometimes hurts
I still put you first
And we'll make this thing work
But I think we should take it slow

Chorus:

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow

This ain't a movie no
No fairy tale conclusion ya'll
It gets more confusing everyday
Sometimes it's heaven sent
Then we head back to hell again
We kiss then we make up on the way

I hang up you call
We rise and we fall
And we feel like just walking away
As our love advances
We take second chances
Though it's not a fantasy
I Still want you to stay

(Chorus)

Take it slow
Maybe we'll live and learn
Maybe we'll crash and burn
Maybe you'll stay, maybe you'll leave,
maybe you'll return
Maybe another fight
Maybe we won't survive
But maybe we'll grow
We never know baby youuuu and I

(Chorus)


.:A Teaser:.

Watch out for Pamantasan Ng Capiz, a webcomic by Marcelle T. Fabie (Okay. Maybe an attempt. I'm not really a great artist, after all.).

You read that right.

Coming soon, so keep those fingers crossed! And drop me any suggestions from the get-go...

.:Nachos:.

420 pesos for a plate of nachos will normally sound like an absurd price tag.

However, the moment you get a chance to try the wonderful Cable Car nachos, you'd realize it's well worth it.

.:Tres Rotatos:.

So there I was, finally eating in Mang Jimmy's with Clair and JM after the longest time. Truth be told, it was all good, although Diane didn't go with us.

Mang Jimmy's chrges around ten bucks per plate of rice now, but that's no big deal. The food is still great, and the company was just better.

I have a bone to pick up with Diane, though. Leaving me alone with those two was certainly... disorienting. Lol.

.:Loaded Weekend:.

Truth be told, I wanted to just sleep all weekend long, but I didn't quite get that luxury.

In spite of that, I was glad to have found the time to go to Jobert's game last Saturday, which was nothing short of wonderful. I really had a great time while I was being pummeled to death left and right by various villains in Jobert's campaign as I was a lowly Monk who couldn't quite survive but dealt mad damage when given the chance. I didn't bother multi-classing, and went all the way to Level 12 just with this class. It was pretty snazzy, in my opinion, as I was doing a pretty good job, although a total of three notches were spent on my character between me and Trish, Henry's girlfriend, just to keep my character, Marvoleth, alive. He was an amnesiac, and in the end, he was killed off by the god in the campaign for being a smart@$$ and attempting to wish for seven thousand wishes. Heh. Game ended around five in the morning already.

All in all, it was a good game. I didn't get to roleplay as well as I wanted to, but I'm sure next time, I'd get the chance to. All I need is to be better at making a character and not relying on some oddity or abnormality to make the character's individuality shine. I really think it's a whole approach to the character that would give him the edge, and not necessarily how wacky he is.

I'm not really too great with pen and paper RPG's. Despite that, giving a small effort to it should really help me along. Monks rule. They really don't require you to give much of a thought to building the character, truth be told. No need for armor or weapons, just deal with your stats, soup up your damage and AC, and you're off.

Thanks for the nice game to everyone there. Jobert, Gio, Charles, Henry, Magat, and Trish. It was wonderful, and I found the game very engaging, and the whole “In my professional opinion” schtick from Trish highly amusing.

.:Astonishing:.

I'm proud of my brother, Francis. Not that he was the black sheep of the family or anything (The assumption is that such a distinction belongs to me. Heh.), but he has certainly made a radical change ever since he became Christian. There's just an amazing amount of enthusiasm and spirituality that is bursting from him, and I would be loathe to stifle that.

However, I ended up having that nasty but expected clash of ideologies with him the moment he started wishing he could “help” me. “Help” me with what?

As a pluralist, I find it rather condescending and impugnating for one to assume someone needs “help”. Inasmuch as I do believe in a God and I do believe that He will help me, I still put quite a lot of stock in human autonomy and refuse to believe that someone should be forced to look for redemption. I kept on reminding Francis that we all take our own roads to personal redemption, and that is certainly true. Not everyone can be an evangelist. Otherwise, there's nobody in need of evangelizing.

I am a pluralist, and I've chosen Philosophy as my mode of elucidating my beliefs. Philosophy holds a dear place in my heart, if only for how solid its foundations are in explaining a lot of things. I refuse to subscribe to imposition, and refuse to circumvent the autonomy of anyone in attempting to give them some helpful hints at finding their own path to redemption. Truth be told, the fun is in having them find that out for themselves. It'd be such a travesty to do it otherwise.

Needless to say, other than the occasional attempt to have me going in the same direction, I am definitely proud of my brother. I hope time will not jade his idealism. We all could use some idealists in this world of cynics right now.

No comments: