Wednesday, July 06, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

A song I would want to dedicate if only for the title...

We Belong Together
by Mariah Carey

I didn't mean it
When I said I didn't love you so
I should have held on tight
I never should've let you go
I didn't know nothing
I was stupid
I was foolish
I was lying to myself
I couldn't have fathomed that I would ever
Be without your love
Never imagined I'd be
Sitting here beside myself

'Cause I didn't know you
'Cause I didn't know me
But I thought I knew everything
I never felt
The feeling that I'm feeling
Now that I don't
Hear your voice
Or have your touch and kiss your lips
Cause I don't have a choice
Oh, what I wouldn't give
To have you lying by my side
Right here, 'cause baby

Chorus:
When you left
I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby please, 'cause
We belong together
Who else am I gonna lean on
When times get rough
Who's gonna talk to me on the phone
Till the sun comes up
Who's gonna take your place
There ain't nobody better
We belong together

I can't sleep at night
When you are on my mind
Bobby Womack's on the radio
Singing to me
'If you think you're lonely now'
Wait a minute
This is too deep, too deep
I gotta change the station
So I turn the dial
Trying to catch a break
And then I hear Babyface
I only think of you
And it's breaking my heart
I'm trying to keep it together
But I'm falling apart
I'm feeling all out of my element
I'm throwing things
Crying
Trying to figure out
Where the hell I went wrong
The pain reflected in this song
Ain't even half of what
I'm feeling inside
I need you
Need you back in my life baby

Chorus x2


.:Saya:.
isang Tula ni Marcelle T. Fabie

Sarap na di mapantayan sa tindi
Umaatikabong sandali; sumisidhi
Marami na akong noo'y natikman
At marami na ring ibang dinaanan
Ngunit ngayon lang ito naranasan
Sayang ang ulirat ay nasasapawan
Ano ba ang maaari kong idahilan?
Labis kong inuunawa ang sanhi
At naguguluhan sa pangyayari
Tila pagnanasang hindi maikubli
Inaamin ko, ako'y tila nasasaniban
Kapag itabi mo ako sa isang suman


(By the way... hidden messages in poetry rule!!!)

.:More Reconnections:.

I'm glad I ran into my Philosophy classmate, Anne, while I was on my way home from Gateway. We had a lot of catching up to do, and it was just wonderful talking to her. Amusingly enough, I ran into a high school classmate and a former student while I was sitting down in front of Starbucks and talking to Anne. All in all, we really had a pretty interesting conversation, and I realized just how much I really can't help but appreciate all my friends, old and new alike.

Reconnection with Jon Bulaong, my former Philosophy professor, was likewise in order. He kept on insisting I'd end up going for one girl after all has been said and done, but I reminded him that doesn't follow, as it's all ancient history now.

For good measure, I threw in this line... "For further reference, see : Yao, Abby."

Yep. Ancient history, all right.

I did some reconnection with Maia all the same. She's been going through some rough times lately, but I'm very confident that she's strong enough to pull through beyond this. That girl is just made of really strong stuff.

Personally, I'm going to miss one of my best friends when she leaves, though. Hopefully, continuous communication will take away any need for reconnecting with her in the future. The realization she's going sort of just hit me lately, but I guess the separation anxiety is no longer as relentless.

.:Sweet:.

Thank you, Pomelo, for spending time with me yesterday. Celebrating our second month together was truly something I treasured, no matter how quick our time with each other was.

It's not really how long we've held each other's hand, after all. It's all about how well we've loved each other.

I love you so much. You make my world go round, and I just can't help but be grateful to the One who gave you to me. Thank you for reciprocating this love that I feel for you.

No comments: