Monday, July 18, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

Due to what happened this morning...

Sleep All Day
by Jason Mraz

His after moan though cries oh no
He's building up a shine but he take it slow
And he knows it's time to make a change here And time to get away
And he knows it's time for all the wrong reasons, oh, time to end the pain
But he sleep all, sleep all day, sleep all, we sleep all day over again
Why don't we?

She said what would your mother think and how would your father react oh lord
Would he take it all back what they've done
No way he said take it, take it and don't break it with your own two hands
That was my old man and he said
if all is grounded you should go make a mountain out of it

oh what a lovely day to have a slice of humble pie
recalling of the while we used to drive and drive here and there
going nowhere but for us, nowhere but for the two of us
and we knew it was time to take a chance here
and time to compromise our lives for awhile
and it was time for all the wrong reasons
but time is often on my side and I give it to you tonight
and we sleep all, sleep all day, sleep all, we sleep all day over again

as time goes by we get a little bit tired waking and baked another Marlboro mile wide
it's sending the boys on the run in the time in hot summer sun
to swim beneath or over outside as they're reading between the lines
then they remember the part in the hallmark card where they read about the dreams
and reaching for the stars to hold on a little bit closer to
and they knew it was time, time to take a chance here
time to compromise our little lives just a little while
and they knew it was time for all the wrong and, lonely, lonesome reasons, oh
as time is often on my side and I give it to you, oh boy
and we sleep all, sleep all day, sleep all, we sleep all day over again

She said what would your mother think and how would your father react oh lord
Would he take it all back what they've done
No way he said take it, take it and don't break it with your own two hands
That was my old man and he said
if all is grounded you should go make a mountain out of it


.:Double Standards:.

The moment people boo someone for telling it like it is, is the moment I realize the WWE marks can be such moronic rednecks.

New York Post Online Edition
'Terrorist' Wrestles After Bombing
By Don Kaplan

July 12, 2005 -- UPN's "Smackdown" aired what appeared to be terror-themed hijinks last Thursday — the same day as terrorist bombings in London killed more than 50 people.

The sketch was edited out of a U.K. edition of "Smackdown," which aired that same night.

The sketch included images of Arabs in ski masks carrying a fallen Arab wrestler over their heads after he had "sacrificed" himself, evoking imagery similar to a suicide bomber's funeral.

"We're very proud of our product," says "Smackdown" executive producer Kevin Dunn.

"We try and be sensitive with everything we portray, but there's got to be protagonists and antagonists on our TV shows.

"We just happen to reflect the politics of the world sometimes — especially with these Arab-American characters."

A WWE spokesman added that it was "unfortunate" that the sketch aired the same day as the attacks.

"If we had any idea that something like [the London attacks] might happen, obviously you wouldn't try to do that segment on that day," he said.

But the show was taped July 5 — two days before the telecast.

After the bombings took place last Thursday, WWE execs gave broadcasters carrying the show a heads-up about the sketch.

It was edited out in Europe, but aired on UPN here with a discretionary crawl along the bottom of the screen that said: "In light of today's tragic events in London, parental discretion is advised in viewing tonight's episode."

WWE's Dunn says, "We are firmly in the entertainment business," and that the plot, as edgy as it might have been, should be taken tongue-in-cheek.

On last Thursday's show, an Arab-American wrestler who fights under the stage name Daivari was beaten by The Undertaker.

After the bout, a second Arab wrestler, Hassan, knelt near the ring and prayed while five masked men attacked The Undertaker and choked him into unconsciousness.

All five then knelt into praying positions and Hassan lifted The Undertaker's head up for the camera in a scene that looked eerily like a beheading.

The group then left the ring carrying the unconscious Daivari over their heads.


This has to be one of the most ridiculously atrocious articles I have ever read in my life. Check out Muhammad Hassan's scathing response to this:

I stand here tonight the only patriot left in America. I stand here tonight perhaps even a martyr against tyranny and injustice. Because the fact is I am an AMERICAN professional wrestler, but because of my heritage, because of my background, because of who my ancestors were, I'm labeled - we're labeled terrorists. Terrorists; I'm a terrorist! Well it must be true - it's gotta be true - because it's right here in black and white, in a reputable source, like the New York Post.

What, you don't believe me? Here it is: 'Terrorist Wrestles After Bombing.' I'm a terrorist - we're terrorists. We wrestled after a bombing. Well, Mr. Don Kaplan, (to Daivari) have you ever met Don Kaplan? Have you ever spoken to Don Kaplan? Have you ever called Don Kaplan on the phone? Well, I never have either. So, if Don Kaplan of the New York Post has never met us, how does Don Kaplan know we're terrorists? Don Kaplan also wrote that 'Arabs in ski-masks carried Daivari out as a sacrifice last week.' Arabs in SKI-MASKS...in SKI-MASKS...in a ski-mask. How does he know that they were Arabs?

The point is, because of articles like this, because of the fear that the media has put in all of you people, I have been denied my God-given right to pursue the profession of my choosing...to pursue the American Dream. I have been denied my basic rights as an American citizen. You know, as I look around this crowd and I look at all these faces looking at me in disgust, I think a lot of you have forgotten what this country was founded on. I think you have forgotten that your ancestors fought for their freedom. They gave their lives for their freedom - whether they be black, Irish-American, Italian-American, Jewish-American, Asian-American, they gave their lives for their freedom.

What's next? What's next? Because anytime anything goes wrong in this country, it's the Arabs. When a plane crashes, it's the Arabs. When a bomb goes off, it's the Arabs. The blackout two summers ago - it was the Arabs. Hurricane Dennis must be the Arabs.

"You people say what you want. Because I have a right to be in here. I have a right to say what I want. And what I'm going to say, my name is Muhammad Hassan. I am an Arab-American and I am very proud of my heritage. But, as an American, my first amendment rights have been trampled. And, I stand here before all of you ashamed of my country.


You tell them, Hassan! Remind these people how blinded they have been over seeing nothing but stereotypes in a supposedly progressive world! I don't even think I have to add anything to his commentary, if only the fervent hope that smarter fans would turn this guy face already after he feuds with the Undertaker, who will hopefully do the right thing and put him over cleanly on the Great American Bash.

.:Wehehehe:.

When all you do is play Freedom Force and the Justice League patch for it for an entire day, you tend to not have anything much to update with.

Of course, I was being an idiot, and I fell asleep in the station during my boardwork. Ended up missing my entire one-hour shift...

Ah, well. Will let you know what happens in this job-hunting week.

No comments: