Friday, July 29, 2005

Kung Fu Fighting!

.:Today's LSS:.

Kung Fu Fighting
by (I forgot the artist!)

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they fought with expert timing

They were funky China men from funky Chinatown
They were chopping them up and they were chopping them down
It's an ancient Chineese art and everybody knew their part
From a feint into a slip, and kicking from the hip

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they fought with expert timing

There was funky Billy Chin and little Sammy Chung
He said here comes the big boss, lets get it on
We took a bow and made a stand, started swinging with the hand
The sudden motion made me skip now we're into a brand knew trip

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they did it with expert timing

(repeat)..make sure you have expert timing
Kung-fu fighting, had to be fast as lightning


.:Hai-Ya!:.

While I definitely liked the Max Payne videogame and certainly appreciated its sequel, I would have to admit that finding the infamous Kung Fu mod has made me like the game even more.

Whereas plugging bullets into a virtual human being while moving at bullet time can be extremely fun, I personally find it more entertaining to keep said bullet time while kicking someone in the head. Just turn on God mode, then go for it, and you'd be experiencing the game in a whole new way.

Lots of interesting mods out there, and these mods pretty much prove why I still like PC games for the most part, as I'm doing practically the same thing right now as I'm playing Justice League in my Freedom Force game, as it certainly enhances my enjoyment of the said game.

I haven't been able to do much else beyond play games on my PC as of late. Regardless, the times I find myself doing stuff like talking to Clair or Sacha are still fairly important moments I spend away from the computer screen... then again, since I talk to them over YM, maybe not...

Anyways, try the Kung-Fu mod out for yourself, and be amazed!

.:The Narrative:.

I definitely like where Ricoeur is going with his discussion about the narrative. Inasmuch as the terms seem to fly over my head on the surface, a closer look would actually show me that I intuitively know and understand his terminologies, only in a more communications-oriented way, as Ricoeur's ideas seem to be well-grounded in Comm theory. That being said, I'm certainly pleased about classes, and I have no qualms whatsoever about the flow of the discussion.

.:A Slump?:.

Not really. I have done a lot of writing, but they're mainly for work. Ah, well.

3 comments:

monicai said...

Kung Fu Fighting by Kool and The Gang. One of my old favorites.

Tobie said...

I don't think I know that.
Kung Fu Fighting?
Hmmm.. mahanap nga.

Anonymous said...

Carl Douglas is the artist, not Kool and the Gang . . .