Thursday, April 23, 2009

Magikel Featured @ newmedia.com.ph!

.:Magikel @ Newmedia.com.ph:.

Yours truly found the rare opportunity to be interviewed by Mr. Carlo Ople on his blog regarding how I managed to pay my bills for a whole year through magic. I made use of the online tools available to me, from a blog to a social networking site, and everything in between.

As most people know, a lot of the inquiries I get about my services come from online. They see my magic videos or find me via Google, and it has really snowballed for me. A lot of my shows were booked via Magikel, and it has certainly been quite an experience for me, relying solely on my gigs for income since I had to do my thesis, which prevented me from taking a full-time job for that entire year.

I know I have a long way to go, but it's a good start, and it gives my colleagues the opportunity to market themselves even further via blogging or social networking. I would never begrudge a fellow magician their chance to earn more via shows, if it means raising the image of magic as an art form as a whole, so more power to the magicians, hosts, and mentalists who would find more success in going online.

Nonetheless, given the many ideas I have for my upcoming show this October 23 in PETA Theater with Jay Mata, Ony Carcamo, and a few other surprise guests (for now), you can be sure that there's a lot to look forward to from this particular performer.

See you guys around, and much thanks to Carlo for featuring me. These are but baby steps in the journey of magicians to make their mark in the online world in ways most people can only dream of for now.

No comments: