Friday, January 22, 2010

Paano Na Kaya?

.:Paano Na Kaya, And Thoughts On Friends And Lovers:.



I have a sheepish confession... I have never missed a Kimerald film. From “First Day High” to “I’ve Fallen For You”, I sat through all of them. Yes, no matter how contrived the plot may have been, or how unbelievable it can get.

Knowing that, can you expect me to do anything else but to catch their fourth official outing together (Although I’m reluctant to count SR&R X, to be honest.)? I’ve always been a big fan of Kimerald, and I actually watched “Sana Maulit Muli,” despite the terrible ending.

“Paano Na Kaya” follows the story of two best friends, and how one is in love with the other, but discovers that the feeling isn’t mutual. To make matters more complicated, while they do become an item at some point in the film, it appears that it is merely a rebound relationship, and things get progressively worse for the two of them, as not only are they torn apart as lovers, but also as friends.

I used to believe that the best kinds of lovers are those who develop from being very close friends, albeit I have yet to experience anything like that.

As the years went by, though, I felt less and less inclined to believe that great friends could make great lovers. Or maybe it’s just me. I wouldn’t know, really.

When I consider the people I’m closest to, I find it difficult to imagine myself becoming anything more than friends with them. It seems that the whole concept of a “friend zone” is simply an insurmountable hurdle that comes with the territory. Years of having known each other in and out, of having seen the worst that we all have to offer, seems to be a kiss of death to any hopes for a relationship, and it cuts both ways, more often than not.

But whatever. I'm still watching the movie fo sho.

1 comment:

James! said...

How did the movie end?