Friday, April 30, 2010

30 Days Of Music (24/30), And Thoughts Before The Weekend...

.:Day 24: A Song That You Want To Play At Your Funeral:.

Whenever I think of a song that is not necessarily a sad song but certainly rings sentimental, this is the first song that really comes to mind for me...



I love the lyrics. As a guy who really lives his life through songs, it would be nice to be able to say that I will grow old and pass on, but I will leave you all with a song, and for a time, we were together. It’s a very heartwarming sentiment, to say the least.

Here’s another song that really sums things up for me, though...



“Although I’ll often stop and think about them, in my life, you are the song. You are the melody to me.” Aiza Seguerra managed to combine two awesome songs harmoniously and come up with this masterpiece. When I pass on, I do hope these are two of the songs they’d play at my funeral.

.:Another Article!:.

After my recent guesting on “The Sweet Life”, here’s my new article on The POC: today, I talk about how GMA Moves In Mysterious Ways. Yes, she does.

.:Drained But Managing:.

This week has been rather draining for me, but last night’s comedy night at Votre bar proved to be very reinvigorating as I met Koji’s brother, who mentioned how spot-on my John Hendrix jokes happened to be. It’s good to know that I’m doing justice to John by giving him an affectionate tribute with my jokes, and it sure doesn’t hurt at all that I had a pretty good couple of magic routines to strengthen my set that night as well.

As usual, Alex headlined that night, and he tried out a few new jokes, and brought the house down as he consistently does. It’s been a great week for comedy, so overall, I’m fairly pleased about these developments.

Catch the Comedy Cartel again this Monday night at Spicy Fingers, around 8PM. It’s bound to be fun.

No comments: