Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Random Thoughts Since The Weekend...

.:You Know What Certain Much-Hated Politicians Really Need Right Now?:.

I think they need to look up a good PR Agency in the Philippines. Seriously. Wherever they're getting those spin doctors from, they really should stop already, because they're not convincing anyone with how they spin every single issue against them as a "destabilization plot".

Guys, truth is not destabilization. We want to know the truth, dagnabit! The more you spin, the more we see you're hiding something... yeesh.

.:This Weekend Was Heavy. Really Heavy:.

I had three shows this past weekend, and one of them even had quite a mishap, since something happened to the client which kept her from going to her own party. It was scary, to be honest.

There was also the whole party thing at Sacha's house, so you just know it was a hellaciously busy weekend...

.:Appointment:.

Finally got to speak with Dr. Angeles, and it appears that while she's biased against me, my last test results were low mainly because of mistakes I made on a fundamental level.

To be honest, she's right on that count. If I can't make a distinction between Schleiermacher's hermeneutics and Dilthey's, what business do I have explaining either at all?

It's a tough pill to swallow, but knowing this, I resolve to really work hard for my finals with her so that I can make it through. I just hope she realizes that I really am not a slacker, and I really want to teach Philosophy. It's what I've worked hard for, and I'm not going to give up that easily.

I was a bit put off when she mentioned that she feels "kindness" isn't a virtue imperative for teachers, though. As a guy who teaches high school kids, I can't help but disagree... but maybe that only applies to high school kids. I'm not really sure...

No comments: