Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Reason, A Season, In My Life(time)

.:This Post Is Brought To You By A Very Special Announcement...:.

Register to win a new iPod shuffle at Camera World Auction! What've you got to lose?

.:Today's LSS: A Very Special Song:.

In My Life (Medley)
by Aiza Seguerra

There are places I remember
All my life
Though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone
And some remain

Though I know I'll never ever lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life
I loved you more

Though the music is sweet
But the song ain't complete
Now in my life
Boy, in my life
Somethin' is missing

It's a tune, yes it's true
Still there's no me and you
Here in my life
Boy, in my life
Somethin' is missing

In my life
There ain't no melody, oh no
In my life
There ain't no harmony
To help me sing a song

Oh the music is sweet
(There are places I remember)
But the song ain't complete
Now in my life
(All my life)

Somethin' is missing
(Though some have changed)
It's a tune, yes it's true
(Some forever, not for better)

Still there's no me and you
(And some have gone)
Here in my life
Somethin' is missing
(And some remain)

In my life there ain't no melody oh no
(All these places have their moments)
(With lovers and friends)
(I still can recall)

In my life there ain't no harmony
(Some are dead and some are living)
To help me sing this song
(In my life)
(I loved them all)

All I need is a cue
Well, I'm waiting for you
Here in my life
(But of all these friends and lovers)
Boy in my life
(There is no one compares with you)
You are the melody (melody)

'Cause in my life
(In my life)
(I know I'll often stop and think about them)


.:I Guess It Really Made A Lot Of Sense To Me...:.

People come and go in our lives all the time... but no matter how long they are part of our lives, make it a point to treasure them for as long as you have them...

Reason, Season and Lifetime
by Brian "Drew" Chalker

People always come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.
When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

..

When someone is in your life for a reason,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly.

They have come to assist you through a difficulty,
or to provide you with guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually.

They may seem like a godsend to you, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

...

Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.

...

Sometimes they die. Sometimes they just walk away.

Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.

The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

...

When people come into your life for a season,
it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.

They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.

They may teach you something you have never done.

They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.

Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall,
the season eventually ends.

...

Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.

Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway);
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas in your life.

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being part of my life.


.:It Does Strike A Nerve...:.

Life's funny sometimes. The things we value the most could very well be the things that never last, be it a relationship, a job, or heck, a car.

The things that we take for granted, on the other hand, seem to be things we take for granted precisely because they're always there: old friends, family, or anything or anyone else that's been there for us and we never even realized it.

In all honesty, it's impossible to hold everything in our lives dear to us. It's really just not the way it is. We inevitably ignore some parts of our lives in favor of others. We're finite, temporal beings, after all. Despite that, we have to understand that precisely because we are in this condition, we should learn to value people and things more and learn to let go of them when their time has come.

I always think about the song "In My Life" by Aiza Seguerra whenever I think about the special memories I have with people, places, and things that I've encountered over time. It's perfect because she medleys two songs entitled "In My Life", and both of them have very powerful messages.

As temporal human beings, everything we hold onto is not meant to last forever. Precisely because of that, we need to learn to treasure everyone and everything that touches our lives significantly, because these things may very well come only as our once upon a lifetime: a wonderful moment in our life that we can't ever hope to duplicate or approximate ever again. Experiences are a dime a dozen, after all. But the memories of these experiences are priceless.

Every minute is a minute we can't go back to. Every second is a second that moves closer to our last one. When you realize that we only have one life to live here on this planet, every other caprice, whim, and fancy that crosses our mind seems to pale in comparison. There's more to life than chasing after every temporary high.

There's more to life than holding onto someone who was there in your life for a reason when the reason is long gone.

There's more to life than refusing to let go of someone who was a part of your life for a season when both of you have already drifted apart and your insistence on staying hinders the both of you from being better people.

There's more to life than taking people there for a lifetime for granted just because they're always there. You never know if they're there for a lifetime until it's done. Don't let the opportunity to show them how much they mean to you pass you by.

Though I know I'll never ever lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life
I loved you more...


... far, far more than I can ever show for an entire lifetime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the most beautiful post i have ever ever read in my life. my eyes tearing up a little-it touched my heart -never like in this moment of my life this post is so important to me.thanks

Kel Fabie said...

Thank you. This post has a lot of value to me as well.