Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Surreal...

.:Dumbstruck:.

Last July 19's hosting gig has been nothing short of a revolutionary experience for me, to say the least. Hosting children's parties has always proven challenging, but last Sunday, by far, was one of the most challenging ones I've ever experienced, and I'm more than happy that I managed to live up to it, to say the least.

It was a mini-reunion of sorts for me, Herman Aquino, and Ms. Jiggles, as the three of us were all part of an event just last year where we were all performers, although this time, I pulled hosting duties, and mentalism was merely an afterthought. As I welcomed the kids, who were rather challenging to work with, I was rather amused at the mascots who were there: Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk, both rather musclebound people who definitely intimidated a lot of kids. Iron Man, underneath the mask, was actually Ha from Eat Bulaga, one of the popular bouncers, and it was very funny to see them playing “Hep Hep Hooray”, which is a Wowowee standby.

In any case, after the party, I did a demonstration of mentalism, and I was surprised to see that the kids were just as excited about it as the adults were. Normally, after a stunning magic show like Herman's, you tend to assume that the kids would be “all magicked out”, but lo and behold, they were very happy to see more from me, resulting in a total of three encores, and of course, even an opportunity to perform “Lady and the Rope” in front of everyone, with minor modifications for modesty's sake, of course.

It was a good experience, to say the least. I'm pretty happy to see that I'm hitting my stride when it comes to hosting children's parties now.

No comments: